Do you want to enhance your Magento 2 website? Magento 2.3.4 is here to provide the latest features to the website owners and the users. The latest version of Magento has come up with a lot of improvements for the merchants and help them offer an incredible experience to the users.
After the launch of Magento 2.3.3, developers had been waiting for the next release in 2020. This is a hot topic among developers and tech enthusiasts. You may be surprised to know, this new version comes with 220 functional fixes. Also, it offers more than 30 security enhancements. Ecommerce website owners can now install time-bound security fixes without applying tons of functional fixes to their online store.
With the growing competition in the eCommerce industry and advancements in the commerce environment, businesses find it challenging to make sales online. Upgrading to Magento 2.3.4 can be a good idea to make technological improvements to deliver the best results to the users.
Let’s have a look at the amazing features Magento 2.3.4 has brought in for us:
1. Security enhancements
• Magento 2.3.4 comes with 30+ security enhancements. This improvement would help in the closing of cross-site scripting (XSS) and remote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities. Though there is no update about the attack of hackers on this, Magento still provides greater security with this update. Magento 2.3.4 has come up with redesigned content template features too.
• The eCommerce giant has performed a few fixes to the core codes to enhance the security of the platform. With the removal of custom layout updates, you can eliminate remote code execution (RCE).
• Magento advises eCommerce owners to take the right steps like two-factor authentication and VPN. Also, IP whitelisting can be a great help to avoid the attackers get access to the admin panel.
2. Enhanced performance
Ecommerce merchants would notice a great boost in the performance of their website with Magento 2.3.4. It comes with performance-boosting features.
• Magento has refactored the customer section invalidation mechanism. Also, the banner cache logic has been enhanced to remove the redundant non-cached requests to the server.
• PHTML files have been refactored to improve parsing by bundling mechanism.
• You can now disable statistic collecting for reports module. Ecommerce merchants can follow this: (System Configuration > General > Reports > General Options)
3. Inventory management
Magento 2.3.4 includes a lot of inventory management enhancements such as:
1. Higher loads on the database server was a major problem with the older version of Magento. Magento 2.3.4 helps to identify performance issues causing higher loads on the server.
2. Resolving quality-related issues such as stock mass actions, grouped products, source, and more.
3. The Inventory Reservations CLI command has been updated to reduce the memory use while looking for missing reservations.
4. Further, a lot of quality issues related to credit memos have been resolved with Magento 2.3.4.
4. Improvements in Infrastructure
More than 250 core quality fixes have been made to improve the quality of catalog, framework, PayPal, B2B, and Elasticsearch.
5. GraphQL improvements
With the release of Magento 2.3.4, you can expect better Graph coverage and layered navigation for online eCommerce stores.
1. It allows the merchants to link and retrieve carts on multiple devices.
2. The previous version of Magento had issues with product tax and level discount information. Magento 2.3.4 has fixed this issue.
3. Additionally, guest carts can now be merged with customer carts.
4. Layered navigation can use custom filters with this new Magento version.
5. A customer can now start an order on one device and complete it from another.
6. It also allows the users to search for products using URL key, ID, or name.
6. B2B enhancements
B2B buyers can export requisition lists into CSV format. They can now perform batch modification into the shopping cart and then import back to the requisition list.
Merchants can restrict access to B2B features for their employees to assign the tasks to relevant employees from the admin section.
7. Page Builder
Page Builder provides improved product sorting to help the users search for the products using different options such as SKU, name, etc.
Improved product carousel is an added benefit of Magento 2.3.4. Merchants can now select how to showcase the products by selecting one of the predefined options.
8. Additional information about Magento 2.3.4:
With hundreds of issues fixed in Magento 2.3.4, it’s time for eCommerce business owners to switch to this platform and enjoy the endless benefits it offers. However, a lot of improvements have been made for categories, payment methods, user interface, shopping carts, and more.