It is necessary to all businesses to have a website with which they can easily reach out with users across globe. The more professional and attractive your website is, the more visitors you can get.
A good website always provides information, entertainment, interaction and transactions to users. It is suggested to conduct various polls, run contests and offers to attract your potential clients but in an effective way. Running such campaigns will truly provide you number of benefits like you can get to know the engagement ratio of your visitors. Hence you can better optimize your campaigns to get conversions.
However, it is very crucial to build trustworthy relationship with your visitors. You can set up a testimonial section where you can highlight a very important feedback you received from previous client. Testimonials have great impact on visiting clients, as they help them to trust your business. You can also add social networking contacts to be more real.
- An attractive sign up page is the first page where we can encourage the potential clients to enroll with your services or products by registering on your website.
- Conduct voting polls to know true feedback of customers.
- Displaying your previous client’s testimonials to increase authority.
- Improve your web design that encourage repeat visits ratio.
- Reach your customers via social networking using popular social medias.
So Lets Begin With First Option:
1. Use Best Slider Plugin
There are many slider plugins available. A few are premium and a few are free. But your slider has what it takes to make visitors to your site say “wow.” Let’s have a look.
Avartan Slider is a responsive WordPress plugin to create stunning image slider and video slider for your WordPress website. This plugin supports images, YouTube, Vimeo, mp4 and WebM videos. It is fully responsive, works excellent on iPhone, iPad, Android devices. Also it is compatible with browser like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera. The slider uses auto generated shortcodes that makes it easier for the users to add it to the custom location.
- Completely responsive
- User friendly backup
- Touch & swipe navigation
- Animated elements
- Drag and drop slider builder
- 12+ inteactive transitions
- Embedding video supporting
2. Create An Amazing Opt-In Email That Really Works
Collecting emails of your potential clients is what every marketer thinks about. Try to grab your visitors during those short spans which are critical first moments when someone comes to your website for the first time. Tell your visitors what benefits they will get if they opt-in to your website. A nicely designed sign up template with properly arrange content will hit the customer right away and they are surely going to hit the sign up button.
There are some WordPress plugins available that lets you create remarkable opt-in forms.
–Bloom eMail Opt-In Plugin
Bloom is a relatively new opt-in plugin from the Elegant Themes team.
Bloom gives you the option of an automatic popup or sidebar widget for your optin form.
Bloom can automatically insert your opt-in form within your page and post content-either above the content or below it. You even have the ability to manually add your opt-in form within the content using a shortcode.
Lastly, you can create an opt-in form that restricts access to content. Visitors will only be able to access the page they are on if they enter their email address.
Bloom comes with over 100 templates which can be customized, as well as a number of trigger settings for the popup.
Plugmatter offers range of themes to choice and the best part of it is that it really works well with all the key email service providers like Aweber, MailChimp, and GetResponse. Upon installation, you will see the feature box options in the WordPress admin dashboard. If you are planning to do A/B split testing or adding custom feature boxes on several pages then you must try it.
- Easy to use themes
- Instinctive interface to modify themes
- Provides facility to allot different Feature Boxes basis on pages and post types
- Offers different feature boxes to returning visitors or turn them off altogether
- Can upload your own custom designs with HTML/CSS
3. Conduct Social Voting Polls
OpinionStage plugin is super-easy to use when you want to add social polls to your WordPress site. This WordPsoress plugin helps to drive engaging traffic from social networking websites. Moreover, this plugin will let you discover people’s choices and views who with participate in Polls, thus enhancing engagement ratio of your site. Try this and check the results in Analytics.
4. Reach Your Customers With Social Media Buttons
Considering your business and audience, you can actively opt for the social media plugins for your WordPress website. On the basis of the type of content you are offering on the website, you can opt for the social sharing buttons which should be attractive as well as helpful.
Shareaholic is a handy WordPress plugin which is free of cost. This plugin is featured with social media sharing buttons and related content section.It allows you to customize your sharing buttons individually and you can arrange in header or footer on any page. It also allows you to choose from four themes and from seven headlines. Shareaholic is also another related posts content plugin which helps you increase the pageviews, engagement and visiting time on site. Most importantly it highlights the relevant content which are in deep inner pages.
- Share counters for social widgets
- Google URL shortener
- Supports 15+ languages
- Related Content support for post keywords specified in “All in One SEO Pack”, “WordPress SEO by Yoast”, etc plugins
–AddToAny Share Buttons
The AddToAny WordPress sharing plugin helps people share your posts and pages to any service, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Reddit, and over 100 more sharing and social media sites & apps.
- Counters – fast & official share counts in the same style
- Floating share buttons – responsive & customizable, vertical & horizontal
- Vector share & follow buttons (SVG icons)
- Universal share button and smart menu
- Individual share links and custom share icons
- Choose from over 100 services
- 3rd party buttons include the Facebook Like Button, Twitter Tweet Button, Pinterest Pin It Button, Google+ Share Button and Google +1 Button
- Universal email sharing makes it easy to share via Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook.com (Hotmail), AOL Mail, and any other web and native apps
5. Add Catchy Related Posts To Your Website
With 50+ design options and option structures, Yuzo is a the best WordPress plugin that lets you add related posts right away into new articles. A small widget will keep showing a related content. You can design the widget in the catchiest way as Yuzo offers number of styling options.
- The lightest and fastest plug-in
- Simple yet useful effects
- Share counters for social media
- Thumbnail size.
- Height & width image.
- Background color.
6. Adding Testimonials
To encourage endorsement at great extent, testimonials play a vital role in building trust with your potential clients. Testimonials Widget is well-liked testimonial plugin. This plugin will display testimonial in any way including quote, reviews, text, image or video. It also supports reviews schema for rich snippets.
Why this plugin is loved so much:
- Effective styling options like carousel, fade, or slide transitions
- Allows filter options like category, tag, or post ID
- Responsive slideshows
7. Multilingual Feature
With 58+ languages your website will be available to most of the internet users across the world.
WPML is The best Multilingual plugin for WordPress site.
- One WordPress installation, multiple languages
- Powerful translation management
- Multilingual E-Commerce
- Translation for theme and plugin texts
- Affordable professional translation
- Works with most WordPress themes
Google Translate WordPress dynamically adds a Google Translate widget to the upper right of your users’ screen. This will allow visitors to translate your website content to any language. Bring your WordPress website to the global marketplace today!
- Set your website’s default language
- Track translation usage with Goolge Analytics
8. Organize Events
Just like in real life event management, WordPress offer Events Manager plugin. Events Manager is a full-featured event registration plugin for WordPress based on the principles of flexibility, reliability and powerful features!
- Easy event registration (single day with start/end times)
- Recurring and long (multi-day) event registration
- Widgets for Events, Locations and Calendars
- Google Maps
- Bookings Management (including approval/rejections, export CVS, and more!)
9. Optimize Your Website With A Recent Post Slider
In mobile generation, you should take care of mobile website viewers. Post Slider is a WordPress posts content slider plugin that offers touch for mobile devices and responsiveness. Using 4 designs, this WordPress Recent Post Slider can show your recent posts using 4 different designs with a smooth slider.
This is a very powerful responsive WordPress posts slider plugin which has four built-in design templates and lots of easy customizable options. You can easily display unlimited number of WordPress posts slider in a single page or post with different sets of options like category, limit and navigation type.
- Total Posts per Slider
- Posts Per Slide
- Slider Speed
- Image Size
- Category to display
10. Add Beautiful Popular Widget For Your Website
Popular widget is worth trying free of cost plugin which is often ignored by many bloggers. There are some amazing sorting options offered to the users. You can easily customize the way you want to showcase your posts in terms of most commented, recent comments, tags or recent posts.
11. Highlight Interesting Content
Zemanta claims to offer get boost in external traffic to your blog while highlighting some important content on your website. As, while you use Zemanta, you get links from other blogs too so naturally you get some external traffic.
12. Have A Presence On Google Maps
With Google Map high quality markers containing descriptions, images, links and locations, you can locate your business locally.
- Google Maps Streetview
- Latest Google Maps API (V3)
- Multiple map markers
- Easy to modify markers
- Custom height width and zooming
13. Use A Video Gallery
Video Gallery plugin is one of the best feature with 7 nice views that can be used to show your videos from YouTube and Vimeo in an attractive way. All video service providers are supported like YouTube, Vimeo Posts, Gallery URL.
14. Authorship Feature
Seeing a real person behind the content will actually help in building credibility and authorship among users. With Starbox you can add author biography to posts and pages in header or footer section.
- Rich Snippets on Google Search Results Page
Ensure Your Website is SEO Friendly:
Your website does not only need to look good for humans, it needs to be easily interpreted by search engines so that they can crawl and index your content efficiently. Thankfully, the WordPress platform is an SEO friendly solution that has built in SEO features such as custom page slugs.
Your website theme should use header tags correctly in templates, validate with no HTML or CSS errors, and take advantage of additional navigation features such as breadcrumb navigation links.
Many SEO plugins can also be used to create a sitemap for your website. If your chosen SEO plugin does not offer this functionality, you may want to consider activating the free WordPress plugin Google XML Sitemaps. It gives you full control over what search engines should index and the frequency in which pages are crawled. Without any doubt, it is by far the most flexible sitemap solution available to WordPress users.
Use Powerful Themes:
The important factor to consider is powerful theme design. Many different elements make up a site beautiful, with the logo and color scheme generally being the top two.
Keeping your branding consistent across the pages of your site can help increase credibility and trust with your visitors. Consistent branding in the form of logos and color choices can also help reinforce your brand through repetition. This makes your website more memorable and something that won’t be forgotten as soon as a visitor leaves you site.
If your site is inconsistent with its logo and color schemes, your visitors won’t recognize it and they won’t know what to look for. Maintaining consistency across your site, with respect to its branding, improves readability, makes navigation easier, and improves the overall user experience.
Optimize Your Images:
High speed internet is becoming a reality for more and more people across the world, making website load times come down. And that’s awesome right?
Well no, you see not everyone has high speed Internet, whether because they can’t afford it, live in an area or country that doesn’t have it, or perhaps even because they are browsing your site from a mobile device.
Because of this it’s important to make sure that your site loads as fast as possible. Images in the site is main part that takes much time to load. So images should be optimized.
You can optimize images by WordPress plugin WP Smush – Image Optimization
Cache Your Pages:
Caching is a method of turning a dynamically generated site into a static HTML site. Sound weird? Perhaps, but HTML sites load MUCH faster than sites that are using PHP.
Caching, when done right, can dramatically increase site load speed. When done wrong, it can actually have a negative effect on speed.
Analyse Your Traffic:
Analytical solutions such as Google Analytics can tell you a lot about your blog. They can show you what articles are receiving the most views, what keywords and keyphrases are bringing in visitors, and how many visitors your blog is receiving every day.
They can also tell you more about the people who visit your blog; such as the language they speak, the country they live, and the device they are using to read your website. This information helps you understand who your readers are and whether your existing content marketing strategies are working.
There are many plugins available for it.
–Google Analytics by MonsterInsights
The Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights allows you to track your blog easily and always stays up to date with the newest features in Google Analytics.
- Simple installation through integration with Google Analytics API: authenticate, select the site you want to track and you’re done.
- Gives you incredibly nice visitor metric dashboards right in your WordPress install.
- Option to enable demographics and interest reports.
- Tracking of your search result pages and 404 pages.
–Google Analytics Dashboard for WP
This Google Analytics for WordPress plugin enables you to track your site using the latest Google Analytics tracking code and allows you to view key Google Analytics reports in your WordPress install.
- Real-time number of visitors, Real-time acquisition channels, Real-time traffic sources details
- The Google Analytics reports you need, on your dashboard, in your All Posts and All Pages screens, and on site’s frontend
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP enables you to easily track events like Downloads, Emails, Outbound links, Affiliate links, Fragment identifiers
Powerful Blog Design:
One mistake many bloggers make is to place too many advertisements and non-essential images on their blog design. Many visitors will find this intrusive and click the back button before even reading your articles. If the aim of your blog is to increase traffic and increase conversions, you should ensure your website design is both beautiful and practical.
Your blog should present the professional image that you want to project to readers. This will reinforce your brand, increase credibility, and help increase leads and sales.
Your blog design should be responsive so that it looks great on desktop and laptop computers, as well as smaller devices such as tablets and smartphones. You should also use a font that is easy to read.
The sidebar is the perfect place to help visitors navigate your blog easier. Take advantage of this area and display a search bar, category links, and archive links. To encourage people to stay on your website longer, you can display recent blog posts, featured articles, and related articles. A good place to display related articles is underneath the blog post.
The best plugin available in market for blog design is Blog Designer PRO.
- Fully responsive with all devices
- Easy to integrate using shortcode
- Show/hide category, tags, author
- Social media link support
- Dynamic post content length
- Multiple post category selection
We hope this article helped you in learning how to get more visitors. Internet world is full of content so don’t miss any chance to raise your website’s visibility. And last thing, Even if you implement all of the above steps, it is not sure to develop a huge following overnight. But, gradually it will have an engaged and loyal audience. So don’t get discouraged with slow starts. So, let the game begin..