7 in 1 Catalog Slider – Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 11th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the 7 in 1 Catalog Slider extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will
see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-catalogpages-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-catalogpages-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-catalogpages-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-catalogpages-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified: php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Run deploy command as specified: php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> 7 in 1 Catalog Slider -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
7 in 1 Catalog Slider Magento 2 extension helps to add Featured, Best deals, Bestsellers, Last ordered, Most viewed, New, Promotional & All products to store. Using this extension the store owner can display all these types of products on the home page or any CMS pages because the home page is the main visual part of any website. Using 7 in 1 Catalog Slider extension, the admin can display these types of products on the home page as a slider with a navigation arrow. Also, set a product limit for home page products. The customer can add this product directly to the cart, wishlist, or compare from any type of product block on the home page. Admin can set a custom title for the product block from the admin control panel.
There are three ways to display above listed all these types of products:
1. As a stand-alone Magento page.
2. As a widget-like block that can be inserted anywhere (home page or any cms pages).
3. As a slider in the left or right sidebar.
After installing the 7 in 1 Catalog Slider extension, some of the Magento version giving a fatal error like "Actual result: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function addAttributeToFilter() on null" on the storefront page.
This issue occurs because of missing return statements in the Magento core product collection file.
You can solve this issue by applying the Magento patch and for this refer to the below link:
Or follow the below step to solve this issue:
- Open Collection.php file from app/code/Magento/Catalog/Model/ResourceModel/Product location.
- Find addAttributeToFilter function, and check the return statement available at the end of this function or not. If not then add the "return $this;" line at the end of the function.
The Extension provides the below features.
- Featured Products - This block will display all the products that were set as featured products by the store owner.
- Best deals products - This block will display all the products which are currently under special price.
- Best Sellers products - This block will display all the best sellers products.
- Last ordered products - This block will list all the products that were ordered last in the store.
- Most viewed products - This option will display all the products that were most viewed by the customers.
- New products - These options will display all the products that were added last.
- Promotional products - Using this block, the store owner can display the promotional products enabled from product management.
- All products - Using this options, the store owner can display all the products without any filter.
- This extension helps to increase store usability.
- Fully compatible with Owl carousel.
- This extension helps to drive visitors attention.
- This extension provides a rich set of configurable options.
- It will provide a stand-alone page for all the product categories.
- This extension comes with slider settings for all the 7 product blocks.
- This extension provides an option to set a limit for display products on the home page as a slider.
- Display product in sidebar with slider.
In the Configuration tab, the 7 in 1 Catalog Slider magento 2 extension allows the store owner to enable or disable the module in the store and provides more configuration options to customize the catalog slider.
There are so many configuration options in the Configuration tab. Let’s discuss it all in more detail. Go to Solwin >> 7 in 1 Catalog Slider >> Configuration.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Apply to Product: Select product type to apply it on the slider.
- Categories: Select a product category to apply it on the slider.
Featured Product List Page Settings
- List Page URL: URL for category page.
- Title: Enter title for slider block.
- Items Per Page: Set category page product limit.
- Featured Page Dropdown Limit: Set feature page dropdown limit.
- Show Price In List Page?: Yes | No.
- Show Add To Cart Button In List Page?: Yes | No.
- Show Wishlist Button In List Page?: Yes | No.
- Show compare Button In List Page?: Yes | No.
- Show Rating And Review In List Page?: Yes | No.
Featured Product Slider Settings
- Products Limit In Slider: Set product limit for slider.
- Slider Item Limit: Set slider item limit.
- Slider Autoplay: Yes | No.
- Slide Speed(In milliseconds): Slider Autoplay speed limit.
- Pause On Hover: Yes | No.
- Show Price In Slider?: Yes | No.
- Show Add To Cart Button In Slider?: Yes | No.
- Show Wishlist Button In Slider?: Yes | No.
- Show Compare Button In Slider?: Yes | No.
- Show Rating And Review In Slider?: Yes | No.
- Enable Sidebar: Yes | No.
- Sidebar Products Limit: Set sidebar diaply product limit.
- Show Price In Sidebar Slider?: Yes | No.
- Show Add To Cart Button In Sidebar Slider?: Yes | No.
- Show Rating And Review In Sidebar Slider?: Yes | No.
Set options for all other products catalog the same as above Feature Product and Save Configuration for Best Deal Products, Best Sellers Products, Last Ordered Products, New Products, Most Viewed Products, Promotional Products, All Products sliders.
To add Featured Products list to any cms page copy shortcode from configuration and paste in the CMS page.
For Feature Products
To set the product as a featured product, go to Catalog >> Product add/edit a particular product and set Yes to Is Featured? option.
For Best Deals Products
To set the product as in best deal products, go to Catalog >> Product add/edit a particular product and follow the below step.
1. Click on the Advanced Pricing link from the below Price box.
2. Set a lower price than the actual price on Special Price.
3. Select Special Price to start and end date duration form Special Price From and To.
4. Click on the Done button, close the Advanced Pricing page and click on Save.
For Best Seller Products
Products are automatically displayed once sales are done in-store, it displays all best-selling products.
For Last Ordered Products
Products automatically display once sales are done in-store, it displays the last ordered products in the catalog with the latest ascending sorting order.
For New Products
Products are automatically displayed once a new product add to the store, it displays all products with the latest ascending sorting order.
For Most Viewed Products
Products automatically display once a product is Viewed in the front end, it displays all View products.
For Boost Performance, Magento 2.3.4 or latest release covers below point:Added the ability to disable statistic collecting for the Reports module by default. A new configuration setting (System Configuration > General > Reports > General Options) allows merchants to completely or partially disable Magento Reports.
For "Most Viewed products" the store admin needs to set both options Enable Reports and Enable Product View Report set as Yes from Configuration >> General >> Reports >> General Options, Once both settings are set Yes, all the products that will be viewed in the front end will be displayed as most viewed products in extension Catalog pages and slider.
For Promotional Products
To set the product as a promotional product, go to Catalog >> Product add/edit a particular product and set Yes to Is Promotional? option.
For All Products
Products automatically display once a product adds to the store, it displays all products with the latest descending sorting order.
How To Use
On the front end, customers can view the Featured Products list as a stand alone page.
On front end, customers can view the Catalog Slider in sidebar.
On the front end, customers can also view the Catalog List in single page to add all shortcode in single cms page.