Advanced Category Slider – Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 11th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 25th September, 2020
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Advanced Category Slider extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.3.3-4 and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x and Magento 2.3.3-4 version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-categoryblocks-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-categoryblocks-m2.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 then you need to extract solwin-categoryblocks-m22.214.171.124-4.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-categoryblocks-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-categoryblocks-m2-EE.zip file.
If you are using Magento 126.96.36.199-4 then you need to extract solwin-categoryblocks-m2-EE-188.8.131.52-4.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Advanced Category Slider -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Advanced Category Slider Magento 2 extension allows admin to display category slider in your store. Using this extension, you can easily display category slider on the particular category page with Category thumbnail, category name, and description. Ability to set on the home page or any cms pages. This extension helps store owners to display latest categories on the home page. Easily set category slider options from the admin like slider speed, slider pagination, pagination speed, autoplay, pause on mouse hover. Advanced Category Slider Magento 2 extension allows admin to display category slider on any category pages by selecting option Show in category pages to yes from admin settings.
You can find these features below:
- Provides fully customizable interface of the extension from admin.
- Extension comes with a responsiveness.
- It’s very easy to call in home page or any cms pages.
- Display categories block with slider on homepage & category pages.
- Set default image width.
- Easily set slider speed from admin.
- Enable/disable slider pagination & pagination speed.
- Slider supports Pause on mouse hover and auto play features.
- Improve your store usability and performance.
How To Use
In front end, Customers can see the responsive advanced category slider once admin enable the category slider from the admin side. There are so many configuration options to display responsive advanced category slider like slider animation, navigation control, slide speed, direction, pagination speed etc.
Advanced Category Slider in Home page.
Advanced Category Slider in Category page.
Mobile View - Advanced Category Slider in Home page.
In the Configuration tab, our extension allows you to enable or disable the module in your store and provide you more configuration options to customize category slider.
There are so many configuration options in General tab. Lets discuss all in more details.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Show In Category Pages: Yes | No.
- Show In Home/CMS Page: Yes | No.
- Sort Code For Home/CMS page: Paste shortcode in Home/CMS page to display on it.
- Select Category For Home/CMS Page: Select categories to display in slider.
- Block Title: Enter the title of category block.
- Show Category Name: Yes | No.
- Show Category Product Count: Yes | No.
- Show Category Description: Yes | No.
- Image Width: Set width of image.
- Category Name-Transform Style: None | Uppercase | Capitalize | Lowercase.
- Length Of Trimmed Category Name: Display truncated string if category name is too large.
- Length Of Trimmed Category Description: Display truncated string if category description is too large.
- Slide Speed: Set speed of slide.
- Pause On Hover: Yes | No.
- Show Pagination For Slider: Yes | No.
- Pagination Speed: Set pagination speed.
- Enable Auto Play: Yes | No.
- Show Navigation For Slider: Yes | No.
- Navigation Text For Slider: Enter navigation text for slider.
- Category Name Background Color: Select category name background color.
- Category Name Background Hover Color: Select category name background hover color.
- Category Name Font Color: Select name font color.
- Category Name Font Hover Color: Select name font hover color.
- Category Name Border Color: Select name border color.
- Category Name Border Hover Color: Select name border hover color.
- Category Name Border Style: None | Square | Round.
- Category Name Overlay On Image?: Yes | No.
In Category page, our extension allow you to add category addditional image and category selection list in catelog edit section. Lets discuss all in more details.
- Additional Image: Upload additional image for category that is display in slider as a category image.
- Categories List: Select categories to display in slider.