Advanced News - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 09th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Advanced News extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will
see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ournews-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-ournews-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ournews-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-ournews-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Advanced News -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
The Advanced News Magento 2 Extension displays news on the website for customers/viewers. Advanced News extension creates a separate section for news, which helps the store owner to display various types of news on the website effortlessly and recent happenings in the store. Advanced News extension allows the store admin to display the latest news in sidebar block and also set limits for news in a sidebar block. The store owner can display any type of news about websites like all Stocks, The Latest Blogs, Promotions, The Latest Advertisements, New Policies, Achievements news, Special offers for products, etc. and the customer gets updated notifications as news.
A great way to keep customers in “the loop” and make them feel recognized and important to the company! The Advanced News extension is the best fit to reach customers using news.
Extension provides the below features:
- Easy to install and manage.
- It comes with a user-friendly interface and easily manageable from the admin side.
- Responsive design for the news page.
- Displays on home-page or other stores/CMS pages and left/right sidebar.
- Ability to add an image for each news article.
- Create attractive news article content using WYSIWYG-editor.
- Allows setting a news display limit in a sidebar block.
In the store admin panel from Solwin >> Advanced News >> Configuration menu, the Advanced News extension allows the store admin to enable or disable the module in-the store and provide more configuration options for news extension.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Add Toplink?: Yes | No.
- Add Footerlink?: Yes | No.
- Sort By: Publish Date | Sort Order.
- Sort Order: Ascending | Descending.
- News List Url: Enter a News List Url.
- News Url Prefix: Enter a Url Prefix For Detail Page Url.
- News Url Suffix: Enter a Url Suffix For Detail Page URL.
- Show News In Sidebar: Yes | No.
- News Block Title: Enter the news block title.
- News Limit In Sidebar Block: Enter news limit in a sidebar block.
- Read More Link Text: Enter read more link text.
- News Not Found Text: Enter the news not found text.
How To Configure
To view the news list, go to Solwin >> Advanced News >> Manage News.
Click on Add New News button to add new news details.
- Title: Enter the news title.
- URL Key: Set the URL key.
- Store View: Select the store view.
- URL: Set URL of news.
- Sort Order: Set sort order for news.
- Image: Upload news image.
- Start Publish Date: Set start a publish date of news.
- End Publish Date: Set end a publish date of news.
- Status: Enable | Disable.
Add content for news.
- Short Description: Enter a short description of the news.
- Description: Enter a full description of the news.
Add meta data for news.
- Meta Keyword: Enter the meta keyword.
- Meta Description: Enter the meta description.
Advanced News widget
1. Click on Content >> Pages.
2. Click on the "Add New Page" button and create a new page or open the existing page.
3. Go to the “Content” section and click on the “Insert Widget...” tab.
- Widget Type: Select widget type “Our News widget”.
- Title: Enter the news widget title.
How To Use
On the front end, customers can view the latest news with news images, news titles, etc.
Click on news image or title to see a full description like news image, news title, news description, news URL, publish date, etc.
User also display latest news in sidebar block.
The store admin can displays the latest news in the sidebar block.