Advanced News - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 09th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 21st January, 2019
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Advanced News extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will
see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.0.x, Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and
Magento 2.3.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x and Magento 2.2.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.0.x then you need to extract solwin-ournews-m2-2.0.x.zip
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-ournews-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ournews-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-ournews-m2-2.3.x.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-ournews-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ournews-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Advanced News -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up, and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
The Advanced News Magento 2 Extension display news on your website for customer/viewers. This extension will create separate section for news, which will help your customers to display various types of news on your website effortlessly and recent happenings in your online store. This extension allows admin to display latest news by start and end date. Display latest news in sidebar block and also set limit for news in sidebar block. You can display any type of news about your website like all Stocks, Latest Blogs, Promotions, Latest Advertisements, New Policies, Achievements News, Special offers for products etc. and they will always get updated with important notifications and News.
A great way to keep your customers in “the loop”, and make them feel recognized and important to the company! This extension provide a best way to present customers with updated news in the company.
You can find these features below:
- Easy to install and manage
- Comes with user friendly interface
- Responsive design for news page
- Easily manageable from admin side. Option to enable/disable and contain rich configuration options to configure extension from configuration area
- Display on home-page or other store/cms pages and left/right sidebar
- Ability to add image for each news article
- Create attractive news article content using WYSIWYG-editor
- Allows to set news display limit in sidebar block
How To Use
In frontside, Customers can see the latest news with news image, new title, news description etc.
Click on Read More button to see full description like news image, new title, news description, publish date etc.
Also display latest news in sidebar block
How To Configure
To view news list, Go to 'Solwin -> Manage News'.
Click on Add New button to add new news details like
- Title: News title
- URL Key: Set URL key
- Store View: Select the store in which you want to display the news
- URL: Set URL of news
- Image: Upload news image
- Start Publish Date: Set start publish date of news
- End Publish Date: Set endpublish date of news
- Status: Enabled | Disabled
Add content for news.
- Short Description : Short description about news
- Description : Full description about news
Add meta data for news.
- Meta Keyword: Set Meta Keyword
- Meta Description: Set Meta Description
In the Backend from 'Solwin -> Configuration' menu, our extension allows you to enable or disable the module in your store and provide you more configuration options for news extension.
- Enable: Yes | No
- Add top link: Yes | No
- Add footerlink: Yes | No
- News List Url: Set News List Url
- News Url Prefix: Set URL Prefix For Detail Page URL
- News Url Suffix: Set URL Suffix For Detail Page URL
- Show News in sidebar: Yes | No
- News block title: Enter news block title
- News Limit in sidebar block: Enter news limit in sidebar block
- Read more link text: Enter read more link text
- News not found text: Enter news not found text