Category Import/Export – Extension for Magento 2
- Created On: 24th November, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Category Import/Export extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-categoriesimportexport-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-categoriesimportexport-m2.zip file.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Import/Export Categories menu in admin panel. Please go to System -> Data Transfer -> Import/Export Categories.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you.
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Category Import/Export extension for Magento 2 allows store owners to import and export all categories, subcategories, and related data like description, image, meta title, meta keywords, and many more.
With the help of the extension, the store owner can create multiple categories at the same time using CSV files.
The extension is very easy to operate. Admin can easily import and export categories by "System -> Data Transfer -> Import/Export Categories".
The Extension provides the below features:
- Import/Export all categories with complete data of category.
- Import/Export category images.
- Easy to update and add categories into the Magento2 store using CSV file.
- Import all Categories by just one click.
How To Use
In the admin control panel, the store owner can find a menu in SYSTEM >> Data Transfer >> Import/Export Categories.
When the store owner click on that menu, the import/export Categories page displays.
To export categories, click on the Export Categories button.
To Import new categories, select CSV file using Browse button and click on the Import Categories button.
Here an example of a CSV sheet, going to Import a category named Men Shoes.
On successful import of csv file, the store owner will get a success message.
To view the new category, please go to CATALOG >> Categories.