Featured Products – Magento 2 Extension
Featured Products – Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 11th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 22th May, 2019
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Featured Products extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- Now, you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.0.x, Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
- If you are using Magento 2.0.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-featuredpro-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-featuredpro-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-featuredpro-m2-2.3.x.zip file.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Featured Products -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A ation to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
This Featured Product magento 2 extension will help you to showcase special products of your store in an eye-catching and attractive way. Displaying featured products on your ecommerce store is one way to increase sales of some special products.
With the use of this extension you can display a specified number of products in a grid layout with thumbnails of your products. The administrator can set any product as featured product very easily. When the administrator selects “Yes” in the “Featured” attribute, that product will be displayed in a featured block on the home page and depending on the configuration. All Featured products are displayed in a slider with navigation arrows. The customer can add this product directly to Cart, Wishlist or compare from Featured product block on home page.
There are three ways to display "Featured Products":
1. As stand-alone Magento page.
2. As widget-like block that can be inserted anywhere (home page or any cms pages).
3. As slider in left or right sidebar.
You can find these features below:
- Provides fully customizable interface of the extension from admin.
- Powerful admin option with a lots of custom configuration settings.
- Free of cost extension with lots of configuration settings.
- Easily display featured products slider in sidebar.
- Easily display featured products slider in cms page.
- As widget-like block that can be inserted anywhere (mostly used for home page).
- Customer can add this product directly to Cart, Wishlist or compare.
- Increase sales of some special products.
- Extension will help you to showcase special products of your store in an eye-catching and attractive way.
How To Use
In front end, Customers can see the Featured Products list as a stand alone page with pager and also in sidebar with slider.
How To Configure
To set product as a featured product, Go to Catalog >> Product add / edit any product and select Is Featured to Yes.
In the Featured Product Settings tab, this extension allows store owner to enable or disable the module from admin.
Go to Solwin >> Featured Products >> Configuration.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Enable Top Link: Yes | No.
- Enable Footer Link: Yes | No.
- Title: Set title of home page slider.
- Item per page: Set per page feature product limit.
- Show in Sidebar: Yes | No
- Title: Select title of home page slider.
- Limit: Set feature product limit for sidebar area.
Featured Product Widget
1. Click on Content >> Pages.
2. Click on "Add New Page" button and create new page or open your existing page.
3. Go to “Content” section and click on “Insert Widget...” tab.
- Widget Type: Select widget type “Solwin Featured Product”.
- Title: Enter title for widget.
- Items: Set number of item.