Featured Products – Magento 2 Extension
Featured Products – Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 11th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Featured Products extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- Now, you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-featuredpro-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-featuredpro-m2.zip file.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Featured Products -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A ation to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Featured Product Magento extension helps store owners to showcase special products of the store in an eye-catching and attractive way. Displaying featured products on an eCommerce store is one way to increase sales of some special products.
With the use of the Featured Product Magento extension, the store owner can display a specified number of products in a grid layout with thumbnails of the products. The store admin can set any product as a featured product very easily. When the store admin selects “Yes” in the “Featured” attribute, that product displays on a featured product page. In widget and sidebar, all featured products display in a slider with navigation arrows. The customer can add this product directly to Cart, Wishlist, or compare from Featured product block on the home page.
There are three ways to display "Featured Products":
1. As a stand-alone Magento page.
2. As a widget-like block that can be inserted anywhere (home page or any cms pages).
3. As slider in the left or right sidebar.
The extension provides the following features:
- Provides a fully customizable interface with a lot of custom configuration settings of the extension from the admin control panel.
- Easily display featured products slider in the sidebar.
- Easily display featured products slider on the cms page.
- As a widget-like block that can be inserted anywhere (mostly used for home page).
- Customers can add featured products directly to the Cart, Wishlist, or compare.
- Increase sales of some special products.
- The Extension helps store owners to showcase special products of the store in an eye-catching and attractive way.
In the Featured Product Settings tab, the extension allows the store admin to enable or disable the module from the admin control panel.
Go to Solwin >> Featured Products >> Configuration.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Title: Set a title for feature product block.
- Enable Top Link: Yes | No.
- Enable Footer Link: Yes | No.
- Item Per Page: Set per page feature product limit.
- Show in Sidebar: Yes | No
- Title: Enter title for a sidebar.
- Limit: Set feature product limit for sidebar area.
How To Configure
To set the product as a featured product, go to CATALOG >> Products add/edit a particular product and select Yes to Is Featured.
Solwin Featured Product
1. Click on Content >> Pages.
2. Click on the "Add New Page" button and create a new page or open the existing page.
3. Go to the “Content” section and click on the “Insert Widget...” tab.
- Widget Type: Select widget type “Solwin Featured Product”.
- Title: Enter title for widget.
- Items: Set the number of item.
How To Use
In front end, customers can view the Featured Products list as a stand alone page and also in sidebar with slider.
Solwin Featured Product Widget Front View