Flickr Widget – Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 30th May, 2017
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Flickr Widget extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- Now, you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-flickr-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-flickr-m2.zip file.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Flickr Widget -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Flickr is a photo-sharing social network platform where the users upload photos and others can see it. The Users can create a free account and upload their own photos (and videos) to share with friends and followers online.
Flickr Widget is an effective Magento 2 extension that integrates any Flickr gallery into the Magento website. It is a fully customized tool to present images attractively and the extension also provides an image Flickr gallery, Images open once the user clicks on the Flickr image.
The store admin can add this Flickr widget on any of the CMS pages or blocks, so the customers can view images from any page.
Account & Pricing
To display Flickr photo with the help of Flickr Widget Magento 2 extension the store owner needs a Flickr user-id. It uses the Flickr API to get images to be displayed on the website.
To get Flickr user-id the store owner must have an account with Flickr.com, creating an account with Flickr is free.
The process to create an account with Flickr.com is an independent process it can be done before and after extension installation.
Click here to retrieve Flickr id from Flickr username.
The Extension provides the below features:
- Admin can add this Flickr widget on any CMS page or blocks.
- Set the title as store owners like.
- Set the limit of photos to be displayed.
- Customers can view all Flickr images in the gallery slider when he/she click on any single image.
In the Configuration tab, the Flickr Widget Magento 2 extension allows store owners to enable or disable the module from the admin control panel. Go to Solwin >> Flickr >> Configuration.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- ID: Enter the Flickr user ID
get Flickr ID by click http://idgettr.com/.
Solwin Flickr widget Setting
1. Click on Content >> Pages.
2. Click on the "Add New Page" button and create a new page or open the existing page.
3. Go to the "Content" section and click on the "Insert Widget..." tab.
- Widget Type: Select widget type “Solwin Flickr widget”.
- Title: Enter title for widget section.
- Number Of Image. Enter value less than or equal to 20: Enter the number of images to show in the widget section.
How To Use
Solwin Flickr widget front view.
Click on image to explore the image gallery.