Flickr Widget – Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 30th May, 2017
- Last Updated On: 21st January, 2019
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Flickr Widget extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- Now, you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.0.x, Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
- If you are using Magento 2.0.x then you need to extract solwin-flickr-m2-2.0.x.zip
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-flickr-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-flickr-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-flickr-m2-2.3.x.zip file.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Flickr Widget -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up, and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Flickr Widget is an effective Magento 2 exetension that will integrate any Flickr gallery into your Magento website. It is fully customized tool to present your images in beautiful way.
Your Flickr user id is required to display the feeds of your flickr page. It uses Flickr API to get all the required information and data. When you click on the image, it will directly redirect to that particular image on Flickr website.
This extension is used as Magento widget. Admin can add this Flickr widget in any CMS page or blocks. So customers can see images from any page.
You can find these features below:
- Choose photosets to display on the front-side.
- Widget-like block that can be inserted anywhere.
- Select latest or random photos.
- Set limit of photos to display.
- Set title as you like.
How To Use
To enable this extension, just go to Flickr -> Configuration and set Enable option to ‘Yes’.
Then enter Flickr Id. Admin can get Flickr Id from http://idgettr.com/.
Flickr Widget in Home page
In the Configuration tab, our extension allows you to enable or disable the module in your store and provide you to shoe flickr feeds.
There are some configuration options in General tab. Lets discuss all in more details.
- Enable: Yes | No
- ID: Enter your flickr user id
You can get Flickr ID by http://idgettr.com/
- Widget Type: Slelect Flickr widget from drop down list.
- Title: Add widget title.
- Number Of Image: Enter number of image to shoe in widget section.
- Portfolio Type: Latest | Random