Google Custom Search Integration - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 09th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Google Custom Search Integration extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will
see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-googlecustomsearch-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-googlecustomsearch-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-googlecustomsearch-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-googlecustomsearch-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Google Custom Search -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Google Custom Search Integration extension allows store owners to set up a custom search feature for the website. With Google Custom Search Integration, site owners can define their search engines for their website. It is a very helpful extension to make the most out of Google power and provide search results from sites. It also enhances search engine optimization performance. This extension makes it very easy for the store owner to bring powerful website search functionality to its users or visitors.
Extension provides the below features:
- Use Google Search Algorithms.
- Helps to increase SEO for the store.
- Integration of image search results.
- Customization of displaying results.
- Easy replacement with inbuilt search functionality.
- The store owner can enable/disable auto-complete features – which makes querying even faster.
- It provides an easy interface to manage all settings from the admin panel. So, no coding experience is required.
- Works in Multi-store environments.
In the admin control panel, go to Solwin >> Google Custom Search Integration >> Configuration, the Google Custom Search Integration Magento 2 extension allows store owner to enable or disable the module from admin.
There are some configuration options for Google Customer Search Integration. Let's discuss all in more detail.
If the store owner wants to set Google Custom Search using Search Engine Unique Id then set
- Enable: Yes | NO.
- Include Your Custom Code: Set No.
- Search Engine Unique Id: Enter search engine unique id.
- Number of Records Per Page: Set the value of records display per page.
- Enable Image Search: Yes | No.
- Enable Order By Sorting: Yes | NO.
- Enable Auto Complete: Yes | NO.
- Enable History: Yes | No.
- Open Link In New Tab: Yes | No.
If the store owner wants to set Google Custom Search using Custom Code then set.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Include Your Custom Code: Set Yes.
- Custom Code: Enter the custom code. Get your custom code for search engine from https://cse.google.com/all.
How To Use
In the frontend, Customers can search via default search box but it will return results based on Google custom search engine setup by the store admin. This search also supports image search and sort by options like date and relevance.