Google Custom Search Integration - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 09th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 22th October, 2016
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Installation Guide for Google Custom Search Integration:
- 1. Download the .ZIP file from the account.
- 2. Log into the Magento server (or switch to) as a user, who has permissions to write to the Magento file system.
- 3. Create folder structure app/code/Solwin/GoogleCustomSearch ( In this screen-shot, 'ModuleName' will be 'GoogleCustomSearch' )
- 4. Extract the contents of the .ZIP file to the folder you just created. ( In this screen-shot, 'ModuleName' will be 'GoogleCustomSearch' )
- 5. Navigate to your store root folder in the SSH console of your server:
- Run :
cd <your Magento install dir>
php bin/magento module:enable Solwin_GoogleCustomSearch
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- Run :
- 6. Go to System-> Cache Management page on your magento backend and click the Flush Magento Cache Button.
- 7. log out from the backend and log in again.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up, and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Google’s Custom Search Engine (Google CSE) enables site owners to define their own search engines for their website. Google custom search integration Magento 2 extension helps to integrate Google CSE to website and enhance search functionality.
It will also helps for search engine optimization. This extension works in Multi-store environments and improve your google search result with images. All you need to fill up Search Engine Unique ID. Store owner can enable/disable Autocomplete feature – which makes querying even faster. Store owner can enable this extension from backend panel.
You can find these features below:
- Use Google Search Algorithms.
- Helps to increase SEO for your site.
- Works in Multi-store environments.
- Improve your google search result with images.
- Setup the Google Custom Search Engine to search through multiple websites of yours.
- Easily enable/disable from admin.
- Customize the No. of records per page.
- Enable/disable Image Search.
- All you need to fill up Search Engine Unique ID.
- Easy replacement with your inbuilt search functionality.
- Admin can enable/disable Autocomplete feature – which makes querying even faster.
- Enable ‘Order By’ dropdown from admin.
- Easy to configure.
How To Use
In frontend, Customers can search via default search box but it will return result based on Google custom search engine setup by store admin. This search also supports image search and sort by options like date and relevance.
For more details see below examples.
1. Custom Search With Sort By Relevance
This example shows Google custom search that sort by using relevance.
2. Custom Search With 5 Records per Page
This example shows Google custom search that sort by using date and 5 records per page.
3. Custom Search With Image
This example shows Google custom serach with filter by Image
In the Settings tab, our extension allows you to enable or disable the module on your store and provide you more configuration options to customize your search page.
There are so many configuration options in system tab. Lets discuss all in more details.
There are some configuration options in Settings tab. Let's discuss all in more details.
- Enable Google Custom Search: Yes
- Include Your Custom Code: No - If No then just need to enter search engine unique id
- Search Engine Unique Id: Enter Search Engine ID - You will get it from https://cse.google.com/all
- No. of Records per Page: Record Limit
- Enable Image Search?: Yes | No
- Enable Order By Sorting?: Yes | NO
- Enable Order Auto Complete?: Yes | NO - Enable auto complete in search box
- Enable History?: Yes | No - Enable history management for the browser
- Open Link in New tab?: Yes | No
If you select Include Your Custom Code to Yes, you should enter your custom code. Let's discuss all in more details.
- Enable Google Custom Search: Yes
- Include Your Custom Code: Yes
- Custom Code: Get your custom code for search engine from https://cse.google.com/all