Google Translate Integration – Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 11th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 5th January, 2019
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Google Translate Integration extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.0.x, Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.X version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x and Magento 2.2.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.0.x then you need to extract solwin-googlelanguagetranslate-m2-2.0.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-googlelanguagetranslate-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-googlelanguagetranslate-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-googlelanguagetranslate-m2-2.3.x.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-googlelanguagetranslate-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-googlelanguagetranslate-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Google Translate Integration -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up, and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Want to get more hits on your store? Want to translate your store into different languages? Use Google Translate to translate store into different languages. “Google Translate Integration” Magento 2 extension allows to translate store to more than 50 languages. With support for 50+ languages store owner will be able to target more customers around the world. Store owner can add their own custom code snippet or select specific languages and layout option. Store owner will get your custom code snippet from https://translate.google.com/manager/website. Store owner can enable or disable this extension at any time from back-end.
You can find these features below:
- Allows to translate website to more than 50 languages
- Ability to add custom code snippet
- 3 Different layout options
- Automatically translate your Product Description and CMS content
- Attract more customers around the world
How To Use
In front end, Customers can see the Google Translate Dropdown in header once admin enable the extension from the admin side. There are so many configuration options to display Google Translate like include your custom code, select languages, select layout of custom dropdown etc.
In the Google Translate Integration tab, this extension allows store owner to enable or disable the module in your store and provide more configuration options for google translate integration.
There are so many configuration options in Configuration tab. Lets discuss all in more details.
- Enable: Yes | No
- Include Your Custom Code: Yes | No
- Select Layout of Custom Dropdown: Simple Layout | Vertical Layout | Horizontal Layout
- Select Language: Select language that you want to display in front side