Mega Menu – Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 29th November, 2019
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Mega Menu extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-megamenu-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-megamenu-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-megamenu-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-megamenu-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-megamenu-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified: php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Run deploy command as specified: php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Mega Menu -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE: Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you.
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Mega Menu extension for Magento 2 helps to create a clean, professional Magento 2 navigation menu. No technical skills needed! The store admin can easily manage the menu with categories, pages, blocks.
Show categories in multiple formats to fit each category structure and provide a better navigation experience.
The mega menu extension for Magento 2 provides to Add Custom URL, Custom Blocks, Custom Page, and External URL with Mega Menu.
The store owners can set Visible Menu Depth to display or hide the submenu with depthlimitation.
The store owners can set labels to category and subcategory.
The Extension provides the below features.
- Adjust the category's label properly.
- Generate a sticky menu on site.
- Display with 3 different menu types Full Width/Static Width/Classic.
- Set Visible Menu Depth to display or hide the menu with depth limitation.
- Support Multi-store environment.
- The Extension provides to Add a Custom URL, Custom blocks, Custom Page, and External URL with Mega Menu.
- Fully responsive to all devices.
- The store owner can set different colors for the menu/submenu or label.
- The store owners can add Icon for Home.
In the admin control panel, from, Solwin >> Mega Menu >> Configuration. menu, the Mega Menu Magento 2 extension allows store owners to enable or disable the module in the store and provide more configuration options for Menu.
There are some configuration options for the mega menu. Let's discuss it all in more detail
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Enable Sticky Menu: Yes | No.
- Default Menu type: Full Width | Static Width | Classic.
- Static Width: Set the mega menu section width.
- Visible Menu Depth: Select the mega menu category and subcategory depth level.
- Show "Home" Link: Yes | No.
- Show "Home" Icon: Yes | No.
- Home Icon: Upload image for home icon.
Custom Links & Blocks
- Title: Add title for a custom menu.
- Menu Type: Select menu type from the dropdown.
- ID or URL: Set ID or URL for the menu.
- Position: Select the menu position.
- Action: Click to remove the existing menu item from the list.
- Add: Click to a add new menu item to the list.
- Label 1: Enter the text for label 1.
- Label 2: Enter the text for label 2.
- Label 3: Enter the text for label 3.
How To Use
On the front end, customers can view the Mega Menu with 3 different styles.
1. Full Width View
2. Static Width View
3. Classic View