Most Viewed Products – Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 11th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Most Viewed Products extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-mostviewed-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-mostviewed-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-mostviewed-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-mostviewed-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-mostviewed-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-mostviewed-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Most Viewed Products -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Most Viewed Product Magento 2 extension helps the store owners to showcase products and drive more of visitor's attention to the Most viewed products. The store owner can manage the number of the product to display from the admin area and also managed for display in a sidebar block. Enhance site content by allowing to display catalog most viewed products.
With the use of Most Viewed Product Magento 2 extension, the store owner can display a specified number of products in a grid layout with thumbnails of products. When the customers view any product, that product will be displayed in a most viewed block. The customer can add this product directly to Cart, Wishlist, or Compare from Most viewed product block.
There are three ways to display "Most Viewed Products":
1. As stand-alone Most Viewed Products page.
2. As widget-like block that can be inserted anywhere (home page or any cms pages).
3. As slider in the left or right sidebar.
The Extension provides below features:
- Easy to install and manage.
- Comes with a very user-friendly interface.
- Easily manageable from the store admin panel.
- Drive the attention of the website customers/visitors to the products.
- Display customer’s last viewed products as a most viewed product. Adds valuable credibility to the store.
- Customers can add this product directly to Cart, Wishlist, or compare.
- As a widget-like block that can be inserted anywhere (mostly used for home page).
- Provides a stand-alone page with the most viewed product list.
- Display the most viewed product in a page sidebar with slider.
In the Most viewed Configuration tab, the extension allows allows the store owner to enable disable the module in the store and provide more configuration options for the most viewed product.
Go to Solwin >> Most Viewed Products >> Configuration.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Page Title: Enter title for most viewed product pages.
- Enable Top Link: Yes | No.
- Top Link Text: Enter title for top link text.
- Enable Footer Link: Yes | No.
- Footer Link Text: Enter title for footer link text.
- Items Per Page: Set numbers of products displayed per page.
- Most Viewed Page Dropdown Limit: Set numbers for page drop-down limit.
- Show In Sidebar: Yes | No.
- Title: Enter title for most viewed sidebar.
- Limit: Set the number of products displayed in the sidebar.
For Boost Performance, Magento 2.3.4 or latest release covers below point:
Added the ability to disable statistic collecting for the Reports module by default. A new configuration setting (System Configuration > General > Reports > General Options) allows merchants to completely or partially disable Magento Reports.
For "Most Viewed products" extension uses products to view statistic details. For this the store admin needs to set Enable Reports and Enable "Product View" Report both options as Yes from Configuration >> General >> Reports >> General Options, Once the setting is enabled and after that, all the products that will be viewed in the front end will be a showcase as most viewed products in Most Viewed Product Page.
Most Viewed Product Widget
1. Click on Content >> Pages.
2. Click on the "Add New Page" button and create a new page or open the existing page.
3. Go to the “Content” section and click on the “Insert Widget...” tab.
- Widget Type: Select widget type “Solwin - Most View Product”.
- Title: Enter title for widget section.
- Most Viewed Product Limit: Set numbers of products displayed in the widget.
- Display Items in Slider Row: Set numbers of products displayed in the slider.
How To Use
In the front end, customers can view the Most Viewed Products list as a stand-alone page and also in the sidebar with slider.
Most Viewed Product widget front view