Previous Next Product Navigation - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 09th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Previous Next Product Navigation extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.3.4 version and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x and Magento 2.3.4 version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-prevnext-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-prevnext-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-prevnext-m2.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.4 then you need to extract solwin-prevnext-m2-2.3.4.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-prevnext-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-prevnext-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-prevnext-m2-EE.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.4 then you need to extract solwin-prevnext-m2-EE-2.3.4.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Previous Next Product Navigation -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Previous Next Product Navigation Magento 2 extension is smart enough to allow users to view the next or previous product on the product's view page (product detail page) without coming back to the catalog page to view other products. Also, Previous Next Product Navigation Magento 2 Extension allows the store admin to set various options from the admin control panel which makes it more powerful and easier to use. It makes navigation easy and saves time to surf more products very quickly.
Encourage website visitors to view more and buy more!! It adds customization navigational links to enhance ease of navigation. With attractive images for these navigational buttons, store owner can promote customers to check more products.
The Extension provides the below features:
- Make navigation between products much more user-friendly.
- Adds Previous & Next navigation to the product view page.
- Set navigation in different 3 layouts.
- Ability to upload prev/next image for links.
- Display links as well as product thumbnails below prev/next link.
- Set thumbnail image height/width from admin.
- Set prev/next link text from admin.
- Display products sort by Name, Price.
- Display products in ascending or descending order.
- Display Product Image/Name on hover.
- Add a link to the category page.
- Set image/text for previous, next, and Category link from admin.
- Adds Previous & Next navigation on the admin product edit page.
In the admin control panel, go to Solwin >> Previous Next Settings >> Configuration menu, the Previous Next Product Navigation Magento 2 extension allows the store owner to enable disable the module in the store and provide more configuration options for the Previous Next Product.
There are so many options in Configuration tab. Let's discuss all in more detail.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Loop Products?: Yes | No.
- Display Product Thumbnails?: Yes | No.
- Thumbnail Width: Set width of thumbnail image.
- Thumbnail Height: Set height of thumbnail image.
- Display Product Name: Yes | No.
- Truncate Product Name: Integer value (maximum 50).
- Products Sort By: Name | Price.
- Products Order By: Ascending | Descending.
- Display Product Image/Name On Hover: Yes | No.
- Select Layout:
- Layout 1: Prev-Next button will be right side and the category button will be on the left side.
- Layout 2: Prev-Next button will be left side and the category button will be on the right side.
- Layout 3: Only show the Previous and Next button. Prev button will be leftside and the Next Button will be right side.
Previous, Next and Category/Thumb button Settings:
Previous Button Settings
- Display Settings: Only Text | Only Image | Image and Text Both.
- Text For Previous Button: Enter the Previous button text.
- Upload Image: Upload image for the previous link.
Next Button Settings
- Display Settings: Only Text | Only Image | Image and Text Both.
- Text For Next Button: Enter the Next button text.
- Upload Image: Upload image for the next link.
Category Button Settings
- Display Category?: Yes | No.
- Display Settings: Category Name | Category Image | Category Name & Image Both | None.
- Display Other Image?: Yes | No.
- Upload Image: Upload image for category link.
How To Use
In the frontend, Customers can view the Previous, Next, and Category button on the product view page with the image and product name.
There are 3 layouts for display Previous, Next, and Category button.
1. Layout 1: Category button on the left side and Prev-Next buttons on the right side.
2. Layout 2: Previous Next buttons on the left side and Category button on the right side.
3. Layout 3: Previous button on the left side and Next button on the right side.
Admin can also set product image and name on hover for Previous, and Next button.