Product Inquiry - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 9th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 26th September, 2020
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Product Inquiry extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-productinquiry-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-productinquiry-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-productinquiry-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-productinquiry-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-productinquiry-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-productinquiry-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Product Inquiry -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Product Inquiry Magento 2 Extension allows customers to make an inquiry about a product directly from the product page. Mostly customers have many questions or doubts about many products when they go for online shopping and many customers do not prefer to purchase if they have any doubt or question regarding the product. Once customers satisfy from getting their questions’ answer and clear out the doubts about the product, they won’t hesitate to purchase the product.
Using this Product Inquiry Magento 2 Extension customers/visitors can make inquiry for a particular product by filling an inquiry form. Display a simple inquiry form in popup and save inquiry. Admin notify via mail for particular product inquiry and set custom transactional email template from admin. Registered & Unregistered both customers can send the inquiry, If the customer is not registered then it will display customer as a “Guest Customer” in admin side.
You can find these features below:
- Easy to install and manage
- Add an Inquiry Form on every product’s detail page. It Displays a simple inquiry form in popup
- Option to enable/disable and contain rich configuration options to configure extension from configuration area
- Admin can view the inquiry for a particular product.
- Admin notify via mail for particular product inquiry
- Set custom transactional email template from admin.
- Easy to customize the look and design of inquiry form
- Registered & Unregistered both customers can send the inquiry
- Easily manageable from admin side.
- Admin display Product Inquiry button with 3 way, Display with All Product, Display with Selected Product and Display with Selected Category.
- Customer also see the Inquiry Information on "My account" Page.
How To Use
In front side, On product view page customer can see the Product Inquiry button like
Click on Product Inquiry button to make inquiry for a particular product. It will open popup for inquiry and customer have to fill all the field to make a inquiry for a product. If admin set Google Captcha to Yes, reCaptch will be display as in popup.
Customer also see Product Inquiry form in Tab.
If inquiry is sent by registered customer than it will display inquiry list of this customer in my account section.
Click on View link to view full details of particular inquiry.
How To Configure
To view inquiry, Go to Solwin >> Product Inquiry >> Manage Inquiries.
Click on Edit link to view inquiry send by a customer.
- Customer Name:. Customer who was send an inquiry.
- Email Address:. Customer email id who was send an inquiry.
- Inquiry Subject:. Inquiry subject.
- Inquiry Message:. Description about inquiry.
- Product:. Inquiry product.
- Customer:. Name of the customer (if user is guest customer then display "Guest Customer").
- Status:. Enable | Disable.
In the Backend from Solwin >> Manage Inquiries >> Configuration menu, our extension allows you to enable or disable the module in your store and provide you more configuration options for product inquiry.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Product Inquiry Default Status: Enable | Disable.
- Show Inquiry Button In Product Detail Block: Yes | No.
- Inquiry Button Title: Enter inquiry button title.
- Show Inquiry Form In Product Information Tab: Yes | No.
- Inquiry Tab Label: Enter inquiry tab label.
- Show Product Inquiry Count: Yes | No.
- Inquiry Message For Already Inquired: Enter message for already inquired.
Inquiry Enable For Setting
- Product Inquiry Enable In: All Products | Particular Product | Particular Category.
Email Setup Options
- Send Emails To: Set sender email address.
- Email Sender: Select email sender.
- Email Template: Set custom email template.
Google reCaptcha Key
- Enable Google reCaptcha: Yes | No.
- Theme: Light | Dark.
- Site Key: Enter google recaptcha site key.
- Secret Key: Enter google recaptcha secret key.
- Invalid Captcha Message: Enter captcha message for invalid authentication.
To display Inquiry button with selected product, Go to Catalog >> Product add/edit particular product and Enable "Product Inquiry Enable" option.