Request For Quote - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 09th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Request For Quote extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.3.1, Magento 2.3.2 and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.1, Magento 2.3.2 and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.1 then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-2.3.1.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.2 then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-2.3.2.zip file.
If you are using rest of the Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.1 then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-EE-2.3.1.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.2 then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-EE-2.3.2.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Request For Quote -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Request for Quote Extension for Magento 2 allows customers/visitors to send a request for quotation.
Customers can view the link ‘Request for Quote’ on the product detail page to request a quote for a particular product.
For requesting a quotation, customers have to fill up several fields and the customer submits his/her request and the extension authenticates the submission. After this successful authentication, the quote saves in the database, and an e-mail is sent to the store owner which will be displayed in the admin control panel. The store owner can set the e-mail subject and body from the admin panel and send an e-mail to the customer.
In the frontend, customers can view a ‘Request For Quote’ link on the product detail page. If a customer wants to request a quote for a particular product then click on the link which opens a Request for Quote form for the customers to fill up to get a quote from the store owner. The customer can request a quote by clicking the link provided in the top header and footer section.
The Extension provides the below features:
- Send quote requests for a particular product.
- Customers can attach files with quotation request.
- This extension is compatible with the bundle and the grouped product.
- Adds Google reCaptcha to quotation form.
- Set mail subject & body to reply to the customer.
- Customers can view the link ‘Request for Quote’ on the product detail page.
- Display Quote requested date & Quote needed by the client date.
- Customer select Project Budget Status in RFQ form.
In the admin control panel from Solwin >> Request For Quote >> Configuration menu, the Request For Quote Magento 2 extension allows store owners to enable or disable the module in the store and provide more configuration options for RFQ.
Options For RFQ
- Enable RFQ: Yes | No.
- Add Toplink?: Yes | No.
- Add Footerlink?: Yes | No.
- Top And Footer Link Title: Enter text for top and footer link title.
Email Setup Options For RFQ Receiver
- Send Emails To: Set the email id of the sender.
- Email Sender: Select a custom email sender.
- Email Template: Select a custom email template.
Reply To Customer
- Subject: Enter the subject of the email.
- Message: Enter the body of the mail.
Upload Restrictions For RFQ
- Allowed File Extensions Only: Enter allowed file extensions for upload documents.
- Upload Max Size: Enter upload file size in byte.
Google reCaptcha Key
- Enable Google reCaptcha: Yes | No.
- Theme: Light | Dark.
- Site Key: Enter google recaptcha site key.
- Secret Key: Enter google recaptcha secret key.
- Invalid Captcha Message: Enter captcha message for invalid authentication.
How To Configure
To view quotation request, go to Solwin >> Request For Quote >> Manage RFQ's .
Click on Edit link to show quotation request,
- Change Status: Select quotation status.
- Quote Requested On: Display date of requested quote.
- Company: Display the name of the company.
- Contact Name: Show contact person name.
- Phone: Display contact number.
- Email Address: Display email address.
- RFQ Of Product: Display RFQ of Product.
- Customer Name: Display customer name.
- Store Name: Display store name.
- Product Quantity: Display product quantity.
- Product Price: Display product price.
- Date Quote Needed By The Client: Display date quote needed by the client.
- Project Title: Display project title.
- Budget Status: Display budget status.
- Brief Overview: Display a brief overview.
How To Use
On the front end, customers can view the 'Request For Quote' link on the product view page.
Click on the "REQUEST FOR QUOTE" button to add a Quote for the particular product.
Customers Click on the 'Request For Quote' Link from top and bottom to send a quotation request to the site owner.
If the quotation request is sent by a registered customer then it displays the quotation list of this customer in my account section.
Click on the View ink to view full details of a particular quotation request.