Request For Quote - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 09th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 3rd March, 2020
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Request For Quote extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.0.x, Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.0.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.1 then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-2.3.1.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.2 then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-2.3.2.zip file.
If you are using rest of the Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-2.3.x.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ourquote-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Request For Quote -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
This Magento 2 Extension allows customers/visitors to send a request for quotation to the site owner. Customers can see the link ‘Request for Quote’ on product detail page and make a request for a particular product. For making a request for quotation, customers have to fill up a number of fields. and the customer will submit his/her request and this Extension will authenticate the submission. After this successful authentication, the quote will be saved in the database and an e-mail will be sent to the store owner which is already saved in the admin panel. This extension gets the e-mail subject and body from the admin panel and will also send an e-mail to the customer.
In Frontend, customer can see a ‘Request For Quote’ link on product detail page. If a customer wants to request for a quote for a particular product then click on the link which opens a Request for Quote form for the customers to fill up in order to get a quote from the store owner. The customer can also make a request for quote by clicking a link provided on top header and footer section. The Request for quote form consists of following details such as Company Name, Contact Name, Email, Contact Number, Project Title, Product Quantity, Price Per Item, Quote Needed By, Brief Overview, Project Budget Status, Upload Document and a reCaptcha Code.
You can find these features below:
- Send quote request for particular product.
- Customer can attach file with quotation request
- This extension also compatible with bundle and the grouped product.
- Adds Google reCaptcha to quotation form.
- Set mail subject & body to reply to customer.
- Customers can see the link ‘Request for Quote’ on product detail page.
- Display contacted person name, email, phone, budget status, project title, product quantity, price per item etc.
- Display Quote requested date & Quote needed by client date.
- In configurable product selected attribute value like color or size it contain into in Quotation request.
- Also send mail to admin and customer with Quotation details.
How To Use
In front end, Customers can see the 'Request For Quote' link on product view page.
Click on "REQUEST FOR QUOTE" button to add Quote for particular product.
Customer also Click on 'Request For Quote' Link from top and bottom to send a quotation request to the site owner.
- Company Name: Enter name of company.
- Contact Name: Enter contacted person name.
- Email: Enter your email address.
- Contact Number: Enter contact number.
- Project Title: Enter project title.
- Product Quantity: Enter number of product quantity.
- Price Per Item: Enter price per item.
- Quote Needed By: Enter date by which quote is needed.
- Brief Overview: Enter brief overview about your quotation.
- Project Budget Status: Approved | Approval Pending | Open | No Approval.
- Upload Document: Attach quotation document.
If quotation request is sent by registered customer than it will display quotation list of this customer in my account section.
Click on View link to view full details of particular quotation request.
How To Configure
To show quotation request, Go to Solwin >> Request For Quote >> Manage RFQ's .
Click on Edit link to show quotation request like,
- Change Status: Select quotation status.
- Quote requested on: Display date of requested quote.
- Company: Show name of company.
- Contact Name: Show contact person name.
- Phone: Show contact number.
- Email Address: Show contact email address.
- RFQ of Product: Show RFQ of Product.
- Customer: Show customer name/group.
- Store Name: Show store name.
- Product Quantity: Show number of product quantity.
- Product Price: Show price per item.
- Date Quote Needed by the Client: Show date quote needed by the client.
- Project Title: Show project title.
- Budget Status: Approved | Approval Pending | Open | No Approval.
- Brief Overview: show brief overview about quotation.
In the Backend from Solwin >> Request For Quote >> Configuration menu, our extension allows you to enable or disable the module in your store and provide you more configuration options for faq(s).
Options For RFQ
- Enable RFQ: Yes | No.
- Add Toplink?: Yes | No.
- Add Footerlink?: Yes | No.
- Top And Footer Link Title: Enter text for top and footer link title.
Email Setup Options For RFQ Receiver
- Send Emails To: Set email id of sender.
- Email Sender: Select custom email sender.
- Email Template: Select custom email template.
Reply To Customer
- Subject: Enter the subject of email.
- Message: Enter the text for message.
Upload Restrictions For RFQ
- Allowed File Extensions Only: Enter allowed file extensions for upload document.
- Upload Max Size: Enter upload file size in byte.
Google reCaptcha Key
- Enable Google reCaptcha: Yes | No.
- Theme: Light | Dark.
- Site Key: Enter google recaptcha site key.
- Secret Key: Enter google recaptcha secret key.
- Invalid Captcha Message: Enter captcha message for invalid authentication.