Shop By Brand - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 9th january 2016
- Last Updated On: 26th September, 2020
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Shop By Brand extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2-2.1.x.zip
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified: php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Shop By Brand -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Shop By Brand Magento 2 extension allows customers to shop by brand in your store. This
extension creates a custom brand page that displays a list of brands. By clicking on
any brand will display a list of products under that brand. The customer can also
search for a particular brand by brand name.
The Shop by Brand extension is really helpful in earning customer loyalty of buyers who make purchasing decisions on brand value. It makes easier for your customers to browse and shop by specific brands like manufacturers, artists, authors etc.
This extension allows admin to display shop by brands in sidebar block and also set sidebar limits from admin. Admin can also allow adding Shop by the brand slider in home page with the custom header title and brands limit. Display selected brands on products view page. This extension creates ‘our_brand’ attribute for products. While adding any products, select your brand from Product Brand dropdown and this product will be associated with selected brands.
You can find these features below:
- Store owner can add unlimited products under each brand.
- Use WYSIWYG for brand description on brand edit page.
- Ease of Uploading Brand Image/Logo.
- Provide facility to search brands by brand name and also provide filtration on brand list page.
- Display selected brands on products view page.
- This extension provide settings for brand page slider.
- This extension also provide, select product at a time of brand creation or Updation.
- Store owner create a widget for featured brand slider.
- This extension will enable top link for shop by brand.
- This extension will enable footer link for shop by brand.
- Set a brands limit for sidebar & home page.
- Set Shop by brand header text.
How To Use
Shop by Brands list page, the customer can easily search by brand name and sort by filter. You also able to display Featured Brand on Brand list page and Brand sidebar with all page.
List of products under particular brands. From this page, customers can view the brand's detail and its products.
Display brand on particular product view page like,
How To Configure
After installing Shop By Brand Magento 2 Extension, It will automatically create attribute 'our_brand' and assign to default attribute set like,
To add brands, Go to Solwin >> Shop By Brand >> Manage Brands.
Click on Add New button from top-right corner will to add new brand.
- Banner Title: Enter brand title.
- URL Key: Set brand url key.
- Store View: Select store view for particular brand.
- Brand Image: Upload brand image.
- Banner Image: Upload brand branner image.
- Brand Founded Year: Enter founder year of brand.
- Website: Enter website of brand.
- Headquarters: Enter headquarters of brand.
- Is Featured: Yes | No.
- Status: Enabled | Disabled.
- Short Description: Enter short description about brand.
- Description: Enter full description about brand.
- Meta Keyword: Enter meta keywords.
- Meta Description: Enter meta description.
- Select product item to add in created brand.
To associate product with particular brand, Go to Catalog >> Product add/edit particular product and select single or multiple brand from Product Brand box.
In the Backend from Solwin >> Shop By Brand >> Configuration menu, our extension allows you to enable or disable the module in your store and provide you more configuration options for brands.
There are some configuration options in General tab. Let's discuss all in more details.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Brand List Url: Set url for brand list page.
- Brand Url Prefix: Set url prefix for brand view page.
- Brand Url Suffix: Set url suffix for brand view page.
- Add Toplink: Yes | No.
- Add Footerlink: Yes | No.
- Top And Footer Brand Link Title: Enter title for top and footer link.
- Brand List Page Title: Enter title for Brand list page title.
- Product View Limit: Set limit for Brand products on brand page.
- Enable Search On List Page: Yes | No.
- Filter Inactive Alphabets Effect: Hide | Disable.
- Length Of Truncate Short Description For List Page: Set length of truncate short description for list page.
- Display Brand Widget In List Page?: Yes | No.
- Widget Block Code: Set widget block code.
- Display In Sidebar?: Yes | No.
- Sidebar Brand Title: Enter title for sidebar.
- Sidebar Brands Limit: Set brand display limit for sidebar.
- Sort By In Sidebar: Title | Created Date.
- Sort Order In Sidebar: Ascending | Descending.
Shop by Brand Widget
1. Click on Content >> Pages.
2. Click on "Add New Page" button and create new page or open your existing page.
3. Go to “Content” section and click on “Insert Widget...” tab.
- Widget Type: Select widget type “Solwin Brand widget”.
- Title: Enter title for widget section.
- Limit: Set numbers of brand display in widget.
- Display Brand Option: From Featured Only | From All Brands.
- Sort By: Title | Created Date.
- Sort Order: Ascending | Descending.
- Show Slider: Yes | No.
- Items: Set number of brand display in slider.