Shop By Brand - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 9th january 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Shop By Brand extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2-2.1.x.zip
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-ourbrand-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified: php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Shop By Brand -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Shop By Brand Magento 2 extension allows customers to shop by brand in the store. The extension creates a custom brand page that displays a list of brands. By clicking onany brand will display a list of products under that brand. The customer can also search for a particular brand by brand name.
The Shop by Brand Magento 2 extension is really helpful in earning customer loyalty of buyers who make purchasing decisions on brand value. It makes it easier for customersto browse and shop by specific brands like manufacturers, artists, authors, etc.
The Shop by Brand Magento 2 extension allows the store admin to display shop by brands in sidebar block and also set sidebar limits from the store admin panel. The store admin can also allow adding Shop by the brand slider on the home page with the custom header title and brand limit. Display selected brands on the product view page.
The Extension Provides below features:
- Store owners can add unlimited products under each brand.
- Use WYSIWYG editor for brand description on the brand edit page.
- Easy to Upload Brand Image/Logo and Banner Image.
- Provide facility to search brands by brand name and also provide filtration on the brand list page.
- Display selected brands on the product view page.
- This extension also provides select products at a time of brand creation or Update.
- The store owner creates a widget for the featured brand slider.
- This extension will enable the footer link and top link for the shop by brand.
- Set a brand limit for the sidebar & home page.
- Set shop by brand header text.
In the admin control panel from Solwin >> Shop By Brand >> Configuration menu, the Shop By Brand magento 2 extension allows store owners to enable or disable the module in the store and provide more configuration options for brands.
There are so many configuration options in the Configuration tab. Let's discuss all in more detail.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Brand List Url: Set Url for the brand list page.
- Brand Url Prefix: Set Url prefix for the brand view page.
- Brand Url Suffix: Set Url suffix for the brand view page.
- Add Toplink: Yes | No.
- Add Footerlink: Yes | No.
- Top And Footer Brand Link Title: Enter title for top and footer link.
- Brand List Page Title: Enter title for Brand list page title.
- Product View Limit: Set limit for Brand products on the brand page.
- Enable Search On List Page: Yes | No.
- Filter Inactive Alphabets Effect: Hide | Disable.
- Length Of Truncate Short Description For List Page: Set length of truncate short description for the list page.
- Display Brand Widget In List Page?: Yes | No.
- Widget Block Code: Set widget block code.
- Display In Sidebar?: Yes | No.
- Sidebar Brand Title: Enter title for the sidebar.
- Sidebar Brands Limit: Set brand display limit for sidebar.
- Sort By In Sidebar: Title | Created Date.
- Sort Order In Sidebar: Ascending | Descending.
How To Configure
After installing Shop By Brand Magento 2 Extension, It will automatically create attribute 'our_brand' and assign to default attribute set like,
To view brands list, Go to Solwin >> Shop By Brand >> Manage Brands.
Click on Add New Brand button from the top-right corner will to add a new brand.
- Banner Title: Enter brand title.
- URL Key: Set brand url key.
- Store View: Select store view for a particular brand.
- Brand Image: Upload a brand image.
- Banner Image: Upload brand branner image.
- Brand Founded Year: Enter the founder year of the brand.
- Website: Enter the website of the brand.
- Headquarters: Enter the headquarters of the brand.
- Is Featured: Yes | No.
- Status: Enable | Disable.
- Short Description: Enter the short description of the brand.
- Description: Enter the description of the brand.
- Meta Keyword: Enter the meta keywords.
- Meta Description: Enter the meta description.
- Select product item to add in created brand.
To associate the product with a particular brand, go to Catalog >> Product add/edit a particular product and select a single or multiple brands from the Product Brand box.
Shop by Brand Widget
1. Click on Content >> Pages.
2. Click on the "Add New Page" button and create a new page or open the existing page.
3. Go to the “Content” section and click on the “Insert Widget...” tab.
- Widget Type: Select widget type “Solwin Brand widget”.
- Title: Enter title for widget section.
- Limit: Set numbers of brand display in the widget.
- Display Brand Option: From Featured Only | From All Brands.
- Sort By: Title | Created Date.
- Sort Order: Ascending | Descending.
- Show Slider: Yes | No.
- Items: Set number of brand display in the slider.
How To Use
Shop by Brands list page, the store owner also able to display Featured Brand on the Brand list page and view Brand sidebar with all page, the customer can easily search by brand name and short by the filter.
List of products under particular brands. from this page, customers can view the brand'sdetail and its products.
Brand also display on the selected product detail page.
Brand widget section
If you have any questions or requests, please contact us at email@example.com. We are very happy to assist you!
- Website: https://solwininfotech.com
- Blog: https://solwininfotech.com/blog
- Support: http://support.solwininfotech.com