Product Sizechart - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 9th January, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Size Chart extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-sizechart-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-sizechart-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-sizechart-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-sizechart-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-sizechart-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-sizechart-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified: php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Size Chart -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Size Chart – Magento 2 extension allows the store admin to easily add a new size chart image from the admin and each size chart can be assigned to the product separately.
Easily manage with a fancy box jquery. Display size chart with two options (In Popup & On-Page) on the product view page. Easily add any custom size chart content using the WYSIWYG editor.
Size chart is really very helpful to customers to find that item fits them and avoid returns. The store admin can set to display the size chart in the tab or not.
The extension provides the below features:
- Easy to install and manage.
- The store admin can add the size chart icon and Text to show in the frontend.
- Easily add any custom size chart content using the WYSIWYG editor.
- Easily manage with fancy box jquery.
- Add the size chart link on the product view page.
- Display size chart with two options (In Popup & On-Page) on the product view page.
- The store Admin can add a description of necessary measurements for selected products.
To add a size chart, first of all, create a new attribute for the size chart under STORES >> Attribute >> Product.
From Properties tab, give Default label, Catalog input type for store owner and Add attribute value like,
Save this attribute and add this attribute to the attribute set. STORES -> Attributes >> Attribute Set.
To assign a particular size chart to the product, go to the CATALOG >> Product add/edit product and select option from the Size chart drop-down.
In the admin control panel from Solwin >> Size Chart >> Configuration menu, the Size Chart Magento 2 extension allows store owners to enable or disable the module in the store and provide more configuration options for the size chart.
There are some configuration options in Sizechart tab. Let's discuss it all in more details.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Sizechart Attribute Code: Enter the Attribute code that the store owner has already created for the size chart.
- Sizechart Display Option: In Popup | On Page.
- Show in Tab: Yes | No.
- Front End Name: Enter front end name.
- Image For Frontend: Upload image for size chart.
How To Configure
In the admin control panel, go to Solwin >> Size Chart >> Manage Sizechart to manage the size chart
Click on Add New Chart button to add a new chart.
- Sizechart: Select size chart.
- Store View: Select the store view.
- Content: Add description using WYSIWYG editor.
- Sizechart Image: Upload size chart image.
- Status: Enable | Disable.
How To Use
On the front side, on the product view page customer can view the 'Size chart' in two ways:
1. If the admin select 'Sizechart Display Option = In popup' from Configuration then it displays a size chart link with an icon and displays a size chart in a popup by clicking on the size chart link.
Display size chart in a popup by clicking on the size chart link.
2. If the admin select 'Sizechart Display Option = On-page' from Configuration then it display Sizechart on-page.
The extension allows store owners to display the size chart in the tab by Configuration option 'Show In Tab = Yes'.