Static Block Import/Export – Extension for Magento 2
- Created On: 24th November, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Static Block Import/Export extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will
see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2-2.1.x.zip
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Static Block Import/Export -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you.
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Magento2 Static Block Import/Export extension allows store owners to import and export all static blocks with all related fields. It makes it easy to transfer a static block without any core file change. The Magento2 Static Block Import/Export extension allows store owners to import and export Magento static block via CSV format. It is also used to update and maintain existing static blocks and can be very useful for medium to large sites that could have hundreds of static blocks. It is the fastest way to bulk edit and manage the amount of data.
The extension provides below features:
- Easy to install and use.
- Import/Export static block with all related data.
- Easy to transfer static block from an old site to a new site.
- No core file changed.
- Import all static blocks by just one click.
How To Use
At the admin control panel, the store owner can find a menu in SYSTEM >> Data Transfer >> Import/Export Static Blocks.
When the store owner clicks on that menu, import/export static blocks panel will be displayed.
To export static blocks, click on Export Static Blocks button.
For Import new static blocks, select CSV file using Browse button and click on Import Static Block button.
Here an example of an excel sheet, going to Import a static block named Solwin Block.
On successful import of the new static block, the store owner will get a success message.
To see new static block, please go to CONTENT >> Elements >> Blocks.