We appreciate your decision of using our WP Timeline Designer PRO Plugin. Thanks you for purchasing WP Timeline Designer PRO plugin for WordPress.
This document has been written in such a way that it can be easily understood by beginners as well as advanced users or developers.
If you have an any query that is beyond the scope of document, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please extract that codecanyon downloaded zip in your local PC. There are 2 items inside it.
- 1) wp-timeline-designer-pro-document.zip
- 2) wp-timeline-designer-pro.zip
You need to select that wp-timeline-designer-pro.zip
1. Installation via WordPress Admin area
- Step 1. Login into your WordPress admin area.
- Step 2. Click on the left side plugin menu.
- Step 3. Now at top of the page, you can see Add New button, click on that button.
- Step 4. Again at top of the page, you can see/view Upload Plugin button, click on that button for next process.
- Step 5. Now upload the plugin zip file (wp-timeline-designer-pro.zip) via drag and drop or direct file upload selection. After file selection, click on Install Now button and then click on Activate Plugin link.
2. Installation Via FTP
- Step 1. Extract the above selected zip file (wp-timeline-designer-pro.zip). It will create 'wp-timeline-designer-pro' folder with all plugin files & folder inside it. (Remember this extracted folder path)
- Step 2. Using your FTP program like Filezilla or cPanel, upload the non-zipped plugin folder into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your server.
- Step 3. Go to Dashboard » Plugins » Installed Plugins page and find 'WP Timeline Designer PRO' from plugin list.
- Step 4. Click on Activate to activate WP Timeline Designer PRO plugin.
Quick guide will help you to easily create timeline posts on your website in a few easy steps within 5 to 10 minute. However, you can set it up in only a few steps. We provide you easily understandable settings in the admin panel of your wordpress.
Please follow below quick steps.
Step 1 :
Create a new Layout
First you have to create a timeline Layout which contain settings of timeline post layout.
Create custom post type.
2. Update History
Create a new Layout
- Step 1. Login in to wordpress admin and got WP Timeline Designer PRO Menu
- Step 2. Now click on ‘Create New Layout’ Button
- Now you can see the Layout Option panel and vertical settings menu where you have different settings related to Layout.
- Step 1.First select a template which you want to show in your timeline from General Settings.
- NOTE: Few settings depend on the selected template and only work with that particular settings, so it may not show when you select a template.
- Step 2. Give a Layout Name, add timeline headings, sub-headings and select ‘Post Type’ which you want to show on the timeline. You also have the option to select a custom post type as well as create a new post type for timeline.
- Step 3. Select a page to show the timeline although you also have the option to copy shortcodes and paste in your designer page.
- Step 4. Select the number of posts you want to show in a timeline at a time.
- Step 5. Display settings provide you to show post meta fields such as post category, tags, author, date, comment, etc. in timeline posts, as well as you can disable/enable links to those particular meta fields.
- Step 6. Add Custom CSS in Timeline Layout.
- Step 1. Set ‘Template Background Color’ which appears on the whole background of the timeline.
- Step 2. Set default link color and link hover color example: meta link color.
- Step 3. Set number of post offset
- Step 4. Set post meta typography settings where you able to select font-family, font-size, font-style etc.
- Step 5. With few layouts there are few extra settings for repeated background color. You can set up those colors according to your requirement.
In timeline settings there are layout base options which depend on the selected layout mostly are colors, text, animation, layout type. Few layouts support horizontal as well as vertical. So those settings impact on timeline layout elements such as border color, border radius, alignment of layout’s post etc.
- Step 1. To change border radius of timeline icon use ‘Timeline Icons Border Radius’. To change layout color use ‘Template Color’.
- Step 2. Few templates have even/odd layout for each post once after once so you can set random color using ‘Template Even Background Color’ and 'Template Odd Background Color’. In Few templates there is an option for starting and ending text of timeline so you can set ‘Story Startup Text’ and ‘Story Ending Text’ as well as set background text color. You have also option set default icon/image option for timeline icon if in case it is not set from the post or you want to show it with each post.
- Step 3. If you want show vertical or horizontal post so there is option ‘Layout Type’.
Post Title Settings
- Step 1. In ‘Post Title Settings’ you have the option for post title link, title alignment, color, hover color and background color option, typography of title.
Post Content Settings
- Step 1. Setting ‘For Each Article In A Feed, Show’ you able show summary or full content of post.
- Step 2. ‘Show Content From’ option allows you to select show content from post excerpt or from post content.
- Step 3. If you want to show dropcap letter in post content then you have option with typographic settings
- Step 4. To limit post content in timeline posts there is the option ‘Enter Post Content Length’, you just have to adjust how many wordshow at a time in each post.
- Step 5. ‘Advance Post Contents’ allow you to end post content after paragraph or after a special character.
- Step 6. Set ‘Post Content Color’
- Step 7. Next option to show ‘Read More’ link or button, there is a full customizable option like text color of read more, alignment, background color, border and border radius, hover, margin and padding of button, full customizable typography.
- Step 8. At end under this tab there is option for full customization of content typography
Content Box Settings
- NOTE: All content box settings applied on post content box but in a few templates it applied for all post containers including post title depending on layout.
- Step 1. For the content box there is borde settings, border radius, background color of content box, box shadow settings and padding settings.
- In ‘Media Settings’ you have to option ‘Enable Media’ in timeline posts or you can disable it if you don’t want to show, ‘Post Image Link’ if you want to add a link over image, Image effect on hover and set default image in case posts don’t have an image. You also can configure post media size using the ‘Select Post Media Size’ option.
Horizontal Timeline Settings
- Default all layout template set to vertical timeline post show, but we provide same design layout in horizontal, for horizontal timeline there few customization settings, display timeline bar (icons) Active post, posts effects animation, post width, item height, margin, auto slide etc. few settings not apply for few templates because it depend on layout design.
There are also two more settings to show the Navigation item of horizontal slider and number of posts shown per slider.
- Blog Posts Within Time Period settings allow you to filter posts by a specific time period.
- Display Date option allow you filter by publish date or filter by modified date
- Date Format option you allow custom format date to show in posts.
- Blog Order By option to display post by Random, Post ID, Author, Post Title, Post Slug, Publish Date and Modified Date
- Post Status allow you to show specific status post like, publish, pending, draft, auto draft, future, private, inherit and trash.
- Select Post Categories option allows you to show posts from specific selected categories of taxonomy in case you select custom post type ‘Select Post Type’ option under ‘General Settings’. You aso exclude selected category posts.
- Select Post Tag option allows you to show posts from specific selected tags as well as exclude posts if you select the exclude option.
- Select Post option allows you to show or exclude specific selected posts.
- Select Post Authors option allows you to display or exclude posts from specific selected authors.
- Display Sort By option allows you sort by option on front so user able sort by selected option like: Random, Post ID, Author, Post Title, Post Slug, Publish Date, Modified Date.
- Advance Post Filter option give you few more advanced option to filter posts like: Post Filter between Categories or Tag,’Post Filter Author by’.
- Show Sticky post option allow you show sticky post
- Label For Featured Posts option use for show label in featured posts.
Pagination settings allow you enable/disable pagination as well as show paged, load more button or Load on page scroll.
- Pagination Type: Paged Option allow you to show traditional pagination in your posts. There is Pagination Template option comes with a few preloaded templates and pagination color settings where you are able to set text color, background color, border color, hover color etc.
- Pagination Type: Load More Button option allows you to show buttons to load more posts. This option has fully customizable settings and preloaded templates, change text of buttons, change text color, border, hover color and preloader icons.
- Pagination Type: Load On Page Scroll allow you load timeline post on scroll and you able to customize preloader icon color as well as upload custom preloader image.
WP Timeline Designer PRO Features
- Create Layout You have the option to create unlimited layouts with a built-in template.
- Select Template There are various build-in templates which are fully customizable , Select a page where you want to show posts' timeline. Meta settings and custom css. A template has vertical options or horizontal or both you have choice how you want to show timeline .
- Meta Settings You have a full post meta option to show, hide, and add links or not as well as there is also an option to limit the number of posts to show on timeline.
- Standard Options In the standard option you can set background color of template, set default color link with hover, post offset and typography option for meta, there are also few more color options which are only for particular template.
- Post Title Options Post title in the timeline is fully customizable where you can set font, font style, size, color, alignment etc.
- Post Content Settings In the post content option you have the option to set post excerpt, dropcap, content color, read more text and button, typographic.
- Content Box Content box of a timeline, there is an option for border, shadow, border radius, background color, padding.
- Timeline Setting In timeline there icons, or custom image so you can setup radius of those icon, timeline style, timeline alignment (Default center, minima, left, right), template color, layout type (Vertical and Horizontal)
- Media Option Enable media for timeline’s posts, link on media, hover effect on images, option to add default image, set particular size post images or add custom size.
- Horizontal Options With the horizontal option you can customize horizontal timeline sucha enable auto slide, scrolling speed, number item in navigation, number of slide etc.
- Filter settings Select Post time period to show particular date time post in timeline, display date and date format, post order by with ascending and descending, post status, post category, tags, select posts, exclude posts, posts by author, sort by, advanced post filter etc.
- Pagination There are 3 types of pagination: paged (with few customizable build-in template), Load more button option which is also customizable and load more on scroll where you set loader color, image or icon.
- Social Media Icons Enable social media icons on blog timeline with customizable option like social icon style, shape of icons, size of icons etc.
- Custom post type option In particular case you don’t need to add custom code or install a plugin for custom post type, plugins have built in features to create custom post type with custom taxonomy which you can use with timeline easily.
- Responsive Compatibility You not need to worry about responsive issue with various devices, WP Timeline Designer PRO plugin design such way it auto adjust with your blog posts layout and look perfect in all devices.
- Simple and Easy configuration Plugin provides easy configuration.
WP Timeline Designer PRO plugin is language compatible, thus can be translated into multiple languages. You can use POEdit plugin for translation.
Step 1. Install Poedit
tool and open it
Step 2. Open .POT file from /wp-content/plugins/wp-timeline-designer-pro/languages/
that you want to translate
- Step 3. Now, click on "Save"
Step 4. A popup will appear, enter your Language code ( Ex :-
"ca_CA" for English (Canada)) in language option
Step 5. Then select source path tab and you have to modify this
path to full path of your plugin that you want to translate.
Step 6. Then press ok button.
- Step 7. Then give file name like this wp-timeline-designer-pro-ca_CA.po for English (Canada) language.
- Step 8. Then save file inside language folder in plugin that you want to translate and all strings are appear in your poedit editor
- Step 9. Select your string that you want to translate and in bottom side there are two options one is Source Text and another one is Translation
- Step 10. Source Text keep as it is and in Translation section enter your translated string of selected string that you want to translate and then save it.
- Step 11. Repeat step 10 untill your all strings to be translate.
Step 12. Now you will get two separate files – a .po file and a
Note : When you save the files, you must name them according to your language code. Find a list of language codes at WordPress in your Language. For example, the language code for English (Canada) is ca_CA, so you would save the translated files as ca_CA.po and ca_CA.mo.
Step 13. Then go to wp-config.php file then enter the below code.
define('WPLANG', 'Your language code');for Ex.(ca_CA for English (Canada)) then save it.
Step 14. Select language from admin side, Go to Dashboard
» Settings » General in that check Site Language options.
Step 15. Check language prefix in front end, view HTML.
1. Does plugin support custom post type?
Yes plugin supports custom post type and custom post type taxonomy and custom tag as well.
2. Is template layout responsive?
Yes all layouts are fully device ready and no need worry about responsiveness.
3. I don’t want to show featured images, how to hide featured images?
There is an option for disable media in that particular layout, you simply diable from there and all posts' images will hide.
4. How to add a social share icon in a timeline post?
Plugin has an option for social share icons where you enable/disable icons to show on front. You also set up the size of icons, type and style of icons as well as config facebook access code and mail content.
5. I have a woo store, can I add my products in timeline?
Yes you add product in timeline plugins has fully supported woo commerce and you can easily add products with any layout. It will show rating, price, add to cart button, product tags and category.
6. Can I customize pagination of timeline according to my current theme?
Yes, You can you as plugin already has in-build template which is customizable. You can easily change pagination color, loader, font etc.
7. Is there an option to customize design other than inbuilt options?
Yes, you can also customize design using custom css or you can add css in your own theme using template classes.
8. How to exclude a specific category post?
There is an option to exclude category, posts etc. under filter options as well as option to short posts and other advanced options.
9.How to show same layout on multiple pages as well as on a specific portion of my layout?
You can copy shortcode of layout and past in any page or inside page template content. You can use same shortcode multiple time.
10. I just want to show a plain post without any other meta content like date, author etc.?
You have the option to show and hide post meta, such date, post author, comment, category, tag form general settings.
11. How to show limited posts in timeline?
There is an option under general tab to limited posts as well as you can select specific post type or product.
Thanks for using WP Timeline Designer PRO Plugin!
We would like to thank you for using our WP Timeline Designer PRO Plugin! If you have any difficulties with WP Timeline Designer PRO Plugin or need any additional service, do not hesitate to contact us. We provide priority support with all our premium WordPress themes and plugins.
Just contact us on support.solwininfotech.com
We will be happy to assist you!