Google’s Custom Search Engine (Google CSE) enables site owners to define their own search engines for their website. Google custom search integration Magento 2 extension helps to integrate Google CSE to website and enhance search functionality.It will also helps for search engine optimization.
This extension works in Multi-store environments and improve your google search result with images. All you need to fill up Search Engine Unique ID. Store owner can enable/disable Autocomplete feature – which makes querying even faster. Store owner can enable this extension from backend panel.
Use Google Search Algorithms to give search result from globe.
Helps to increase SEO for your store and global rank.
Works in Multi-store environments. No worry if you have multi store setup.
Improve your google search result with images and text to get more powerful result.
Multiple Website Support
Setup the Google Custom Search Engine to search through multiple websites of yours
No of Records
Customize the Number of records per page with pagination.
Replace Default Search
Easy replacement with your in-built search functionality
Store owner can enable/disable Autocomplete feature – which makes querying even faster
Enable/Disable ‘Order By’ dropdown from backend
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
1) Download the .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
2) Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
One is for extension setup and other is for Magento version 2.2 patch.
1) Create a folder structure /app/code/Solwin/GoogleCustomSearch/ in your Magento root directory.
2) Extract the solwin-googlecustomsearch-m2-1.0.5.zip file in above folder (the folder that you just created in above step)
3) Note: If you are using Magento 2.2 then you need to overwrite patch files on main extension files (/app/code/Solwin/GoogleCustomSearch/). If your Magento version is 2.2.x then you need to use solwin-googlecustomsearch-patch-magento-2.2.zip patch file).
4) Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade
5) Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line (php bin/magento cache:clean).
6) Now you can see Solwin menu in admin panel, please go to ‘Solwin -> Google Custom Search Integration -> Configuration’ and select Enable to Yes.
7) Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
Change log Description
Version 1.0.5 :
– Fixed: Compile error fixes
Version 1.0.4 :
– Added: Compatibility for Magento 2.2
Version 1.0.3 :
– Fixed: Minor bug fixes
Version 1.0.2 :
– Fixed: Compilation Errors
Version 1.0.1 :
– Fixed: Minor bug fixes
Version 1.0 :
– Initial Release