Magento 2 Request for Quote extension allows visitors to send a request for quotation to the site owner. It enables quotations for individual products by clicking on ‘Request for Quote’ on product detail page.
To request a quotation for product, customer has to fill up a number of fields. After that customer will submit his/her request and this extension will authenticate the submission. After this successful authentication, the quote will be saved in the database and an e-mail will be sent to the store owner which is already saved in the admin panel. This extension gets the e-mail subject and body from the admin panel and will also send an e-mail to the customer.
Customer can also make a request for quote by clicking a link provided on top header and footer section. The Request for quote form consist of following details such as Company Name, Contact Name, Email, Contact Number, Project Title, Quote Needed By, Brief Overview, Project Budget Status, Upload Document and a reCaptcha Code.
Request For Quote extension facilitate with following mentioned features.
Send quote request for particular product
Customer can attach file with quotation request
Adds Google reCaptcha to quotation form
Set mail subject & body to reply to customer
Customers can see the link ‘Request for Quote’ on product detail page
Display contacted person name, email, phone, budget status, project title etc. Display quote requested date & quote needed by client date
Old Quote Request
Customer can see their old quote request after login.
Note: Please take backup of your Magento installation (files and database) before install/update any extension.
1) Download the .ZIP file from your account at Solwin Infotech website
2) Extract the .zip file which contains two .zip file. One for extension and another for patch.
Extension main file installaion (solwin-ourquote-m2-x.x.x.zip):
1) Go to root location of Installation
2) Create folder structure /app/code/Solwin/Ourquote/
3) Extract the contents of the .ZIP (solwin-ourquote-m2-x.x.x.zip) file to the folder you just created
4) Run following install commands:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
5) Clear Cache
6) Go to ‘Solwin QuickRFQ’s -> Configuration -> Options For RFQ tab’ and select Enabled RFQ to Yes.
Set all other options for display latest ourquote functionality as per your requirements and save settings.
1) Extract the contents of the patch .ZIP(solwin-ourquote-patch-magento-2.1.zip) file in /app/code/Solwin/Ourquote/
Set all other options like email setup options, reply to customer, upload restrictions, Google reCaptcha key etc as per your requirements and save settings.
Change log Description
Version 2.1.0 :
– Bug Fix: Minor fix
Version 2.0.9 :
– Bug Fix: URL of Google reCaptcha
Version 2.0.8 :
– Enhancement: Admin Grid enhancement
Version 2.0.7 :
– Added: Magento 2.1.1 Compatibility! (Added Patch)
Version 2.0.6 :
– Added: Store Wise Support
Version 2.0.5 :
– Added: Request For tab in Customer My Account Page
Version 2.0.3 :
– Bug Fix: Fix compilation errors
Version 2.0.2 :
– Added: UI Component Grid Support
Version 2.0.1 :
– Bug Fix: Minor fix