With all these security patches Magento has been releasing lately, we thought it would be a good time to write a post that explains how you can quickly and easily apply Magento security patches. Magento releases patches when it finds any vulnerability in the system to make the system more secure. Magento has recently launched the patches, it is very much recommended to install the patch as soon as possible. Because your Magento store can be vulnerable till then and the hacker can hack your data information.
Magento Support provides some patches for Magento CE and EE on magentocommerce.com. This section discusses how to get those patches.
Get Magento CE Patches
- Log in to magentocommerce.com/download.
- In the Magento Community Edition Patches section, locate the patch to install.
- Select your CE version.
- Click Download.
Get Magento EE Patches
- Log in to magentocommerce.com
- Click Downloads in the left pane.
- Click Magento Enterprise Edition in the right pane.
- Again, click Support Patches.
- Locate the patch to download.
- Click Download for your Magento version.
How to Apply a Magento Patch?
- Move the patch .sh file to your Magento installation root directory.
For example, /var/www/html/mymagento.
- Enter the following command as a user with sufficient privileges to write to Magento files.
- A message given below displays to confirm the patch installed successfully
“Patch was applied/reverted successfully.”
- Perform other tasks as suggested by Magento Support inside the backend if any.
Please act now to ensure that your Magento store is secure!
How to make your store secured enough?
- Make sure, to apply the patches on your Ecommerce store
- Always have the upgraded version of Magento. Contact Solwin Infotech for further queries on the same.
- Keep yourself updated with the latest news on Magento and eCommerce relevant blogs.
Also, you can check a wide range of best solutions for Magento store here
Stay connected by subscribing below to our blog in order to get monthly freebies, Special Offers, New product updates & Access to Exclusive Subscriber Content.