WordPress plugins are the building blocks of WordPress websites. Generally, they bring important functions to your website, whether you need to enrich SEO, improve website speed, insert contact forms, live chat, and many more.
There are approximately 54,000+ plugins available in the global market. And, choosing the accurate plugins for websites is critical for you. Right!
In this article, we will demonstrate the best WordPress plugins for your website, no matter which type of website you are developing. But, before that, we will also drive you through the basic definition of the WordPress plugin and reasons to use the plugin on the website.
Let’s get started.
What Is a WordPress Plugin and Its Importance?
In simple words, the WordPress plugin is a set of code that adds new functionality and expands the existing functionality on your WordPress website. Some plugins permit you to change your site that your visitors wanted to.
Important Reasons to Use WordPress Plugins on the Website
- The key reason to use the WordPress plugin is due to tremendous community support. There is a range of WordPress plugins available for website owners to choose from.
- To achieve desired outcomes, some of the plugins are available for free, and many of them are pocket friendly compared to hiring a website developer.
- Plus, the additional benefit of WordPress plugins is that they enable website owners to add features as needed without completely overhauling their website. Implementing new functionality can be accomplished quickly with the plugin.
- Plugins are easy to add to the website without even demanding to write a line of code.
Before installing any WordPress plugins, you should check the following important aspects,
- No of Downloads
- Support Activity
- Latest Update
Best WordPress Plugins For Your Website
1. Avartan Slider
The Avartan Slider is a fully responsive WordPress plugin that helps you to create a stunning image and video slider with an animated layer on your website. It provides a user-friendly and powerful way to beautify your home page, header, and banner section on your website.
- The plugin is SEO friendly, so all the heading tags (h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6) and paragraph (p) can be used in the content element. In addition to this, Rel and Title attributes are also available to use.
- This plugin provides touch and swipe navigation to make your navigation function much easier.
- The plugin supports drag and drop builder to develop a slider in just a few minutes.
- It will form your slider more eye-catchy with animation and transition.
- This plugin allows you to showcase YouTube, Vimeo, and self-hosted HTML5 videos on the slide.
Price – $21
Rating – 4.7 Stars
2. Portfolio Designer
The Portfolio Designer WordPress plugin is a perfect solution for creating an amazing portfolio, and gallery for your website. Moreover, it is a user-friendly portfolio grid plugin that helps you to create an eye-catching portfolio layout and integrate them into your website using various options. In this plugin, you can create any custom post type with the image, audio, or video thumbnails.
- The plugin provides an unlimited layout style with the help of Grid layout, Masonry layout, and Slider layout.
- This plugin comes with 50+ powerful hover effects using CSS3 and HTML5.
- It supports 650+ Google Web Fonts, so you can choose your favorite fonts.
- With the portfolio designer plugin, the user can develop unlimited custom post types.
- The plugin supports import-export functionality for portfolio layouts.
Price – $39
Rating – 4.56 Stars
3. Social Stream Designer
The Social Stream Designer is a powerful WordPress plugin that permits you to integrate social media feeds on your website. The plugin supports 14 eminent social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, and many more. In addition to this, the plugin gives you a responsive wall on your website or blog in just a few minutes.
- Using this plugin, you can showcase multiple social media streams into a single feed.
- You can add unlimited social streams with a different design on your website.
- The plugin provides 40+ options in the layout settings that make your social stream feed more eye-catchy.
- It supports three pagination types like a Load more, Standard pagination, and Autoload.
- The plugin allows your visitors to search for posts or short content.
Price – $29
Rating – 4.6 Stars
Related Read: How To Embed Social Media Feed On Your Website?
4. Trash Duplicate and 301 Redirect Pro
The Trash Duplicate and 301 Redirect Pro is an ultimate WordPress plugin that can find and remove duplicate posts, web pages, custom pages, and many more. In addition to this, the plugin also permanently redirects the removed content URL with the main URL to drive traffic to one URL.
- With this plugin, you can import and export the redirections without any hurdle. All the redirected data will be transferred in a CSV file.
- The plugin allows you to trash a single post or post in bulk.
- Using this plugin, the user can add the wildcard reaction. You can also use regular expressions in redirections.
Price – $29
Rating – 3.6 Stars
5. Blog Designer Pro
The Blog Designer Pro is a great WordPress plugin that permits you to design or modify the blog page and single page layout of your website. The plugin supports 50 high impact blog templates for your website. It is a total solution to attract more visitors to your blog page. In this plugin, all blog templates contain lots of options to manage your blog style and design, such as colors, font-family, font-style, etc.
- This plugin is compatible with any device to showcase your stunning blog page.
- You can showcase your Woocommerce product with your favorite layouts with the blog designer shortcode.
- With this plugin, you can easily import and export the layout and reuse it for another website.
- In this plugin, more options for pagination settings have been added to enhance the design on the front end.
Price – $59
Rating – 4.6 Stars
6. User Activity Log Pro
The User Activity Log Pro is an amazing WordPress plugin that helps you to monitor and keep track of user activity that occurs on the admin panel. It also provides password security that only authorized users can delete the log details. In addition to this, the user can add a custom event or hook for creating an activity log.
- The plugin provides a user-friendly admin panel, so users can easily use it.
- It provides features of sending an email notification to the website admin when select users are login to the website.
- With this plugin, you can export the CSV file of the log details.
Price – $99
Rating – 4.58 Stars
7. WP Timeline Designer Pro
The WP Timeline Designer Pro is a wonderful WordPress plugin that helps you to beautify your blog with a powerful story timeline concept. With this plugin, you can display the life story in the timeline, hiring process, event summary, company history, step by step tutorial guide, and many more.
- The plugin supports 12 unique timeline templates to create eye-catching layout templates for your WordPress posts or custom posts.
- In this plugin, moving to the next blog page is effortless using four pagination features.
- The plugin also provides a 10+ social share icon default library to alter social icon design.
- You can copy and paste the shortcode on your web page to demonstrate the timeline.
Price – $9
Rating – 5 Stars
8. Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 is a powerful WordPress plugin that can manage multiple contact forms. Moreover, you can customize the form and mail contents flexibility with simple markup.
With the default configuration, the plugin does not:
Track users by stealth.
Send data to an external server.
Add user personal data to the database.
Price – Free
Rating – 4.1 Stars
9. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is the best WordPress plugin to get more visitors from Google and Bing. Apart from this, the plugin also attracts more visitors from social media platforms and boosts user engagement on your website. With this plugin, you keep an eye on the important web pages.
- The plugin supports Advanced XML sitemaps for making it easy for Google to understand your website structure.
- With the SEO analysis tool, you can write SEO-friendly content with the correct keyword in mind.
- This plugin provides full control over site breadcrumbs, So the users and search engines always know about your website.
- It supports the faster loading times for the whole website because of an innovative way to manage the WordPress website data.
Price – $89
Rating – 4.9 Stars
10. Google XML Sitemaps
The Google XML Sitemaps WordPress plugin is used to enhance SEO. With this plugin, create XML sitemaps that will help search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo to better index your website. It also notifies almost all the search engines when you create a post with the new content.
- The plugin supports all types of WordPress generated web pages and custom URLs for your website.
- Importantly, the plugin provides a complete XML sitemap for search engines.
Price – Free
Rating – 4.9 Stars
11. W3 Total Cache
The W3 Total Cache WordPress plugin improves the SEO and user experience by boosting the website performance and decreasing the website load time. It is a perfect solution for optimizing the WordPress website. This plugin is compatible with shared hosting, virtual and dedicated servers.
- In this plugin, the easily Content Delivery Network (CDN) management with the media library, theme file, and many more.
- The plugin supports browser caching using cache-control and future expires headers and entity tags with cache-busting.
- The important thing is that the plugin provides several security features to ensure website safety.
- The plugin supports the extension framework for customization or extensibility for Cloudflare, WPML, etc.
Price – Free
Rating – 4.4 Stars
12. Broken Link Checker
The Broken Link Checker WordPress plugin monitor and tests all the internal and external links on your website for broken links. Moreover, it helps you to fix the bad links to enhance SEO and user experience on your website. If any broken links are found, then the plugin will show up in a new tab of the WP admin panel Tools -> Broken Links. It will notify you either on the dashboard or by email.
- It is a highly configurable plugin that detects the links: do not work, missing images, and redirects.
- With this plugin, you can search and filter links by URL, anchor text, and so on.
- In this plugin, links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page without manually updating every post.
Price – Free
Rating – 4.1 Stars
Depending on your business requirements, you can use these trusted WordPress plugins that we mentioned in our collection. With these plugins, you can compress images to increase website speed, engage your users with e-mail forms, boost search engine rankings, insert social sharing buttons to your WordPress website. In addition to this, these plugins increase the user experience and help you reach a wider audience.
If you feel we missed any important plugins in our list, then let us know in the comment section below.