What is the best way to present your product in front of your customers? The product video presentation is the best option. Adding product videos on your Magento 2 store gives more customer engagement.
Visitors give more attention to video content rather than reading textual content. It’s better to let your customer know your product details more clearly through the video presentations. Videos help to remove their doubts and maximizes the possibilities of more conversions.
What are the benefits of adding product videos to your Magento 2 store?
- Explain practically how to use the products to get good results.
- Demonstrate each feature of the product.
- Easily attracts visitors’ eyes.
- Visitors spend more time on your website.
- Add customers’ video testimonials.
- Increases trust on your products.
How to Add Product Videos On Your Magento 2 Store?
Here you will learn how to add videos from Vimeo and YouTube in simple steps to demonstrate your products on your product page.
In order to add product video, first, get an API key from your Google Account. Then enter it in the configuration of your Magento store. Let’s explore it now:
#1st Get a YouTube API Key
#2nd Magento 2 Configuration
#3rd Add Videos to Product Pages
Step 1: API Key Configurations
- Log in to your Google account and then visit Google Developers Console.
- Next click Create Project button as shown in the image to create a new project.
- Now choose Credentials on the left side of the panel, then click on create Credential and choose API Key.
- When prompted to create a new key, you have to choose the Server key.
- Then enter a name for the key and then click on Create button.
- Next, as shown in the image API key gets generated in the popup, copy it to the clipboard.
Step 2: Configure in Magento
- Login To Admin Panel and then go to Store>Settings>Configuration.
- Now in the left panel, choose Catalog, and expand the menu and then choose the Catalog option.
- Now expand the Product Video section and paste your YouTube API Key.
- After clicking the Save Config button, refresh the cache.
Step 3: Link to the video
- Now open a product in edit mode and click on Add Video button in the Images and Video section.
- Next, enter the URL of the YouTube or Vimeo video whichever you would like to add.
- Insert Title and Description of the Video.
- Then, to upload a Preview Image, you have to browse to the image and select the file.
- Choose the Get Video Information in case you want to use the video meta-data.
- To assign the role to the video, you have to mark the checkbox of each Role as shown here:
- Base Image
- Small Image
- Swatch Image
- Hide from Product Page
After completing all the steps, click on the Save button and then refresh the cache.
Now go to the frontend to check how the video looks.
Must Read: Magento Home Page Design [Best Practices]
In case if you are a newbie or non-techy user, you may find it a hard nut to crack adding video using these steps. Alternatively, you can use a ready-made tool which is known as Advanced Product Video Extension for Magento 2 store. This is a very simple and unique module to let you add product videos on your Magento 2 store with great ease.
If you face any problem while following the above steps to add video in your Magento 2 store feel free to contact our Magento experts. We will be happy to assist you in adding videos on your Magento 2 store.